A new iPhone app from Sculpteo is announced on Jan.8, 2012 that you can snap a photo of yourself or a friend and the Sculpteo's app will convert the profile into a 3D object. You can then choose what type of object you want your image to be printed on, such as a mug, vase or bowl etc.. You can customize cups of varying sizes that can be previewed within the app.
Once you have completed the design you can upload it to the cloud and Sculpteo will use a special process to 3D print your objects in ceramic. You can choose other materials as well and the price will vary depending on what you print. For example a mug costs around $40 and large object such as this vase (pictured below) is $300. It takes around 30 days for orders to ship.
The app is currently available on iTunes. It's the first free 3D printing app of its kind.
Posted in 3D Printing Apps
Maybe you also like:
- Filabot turns recycled plastics into 3D printer filament
- Widenhorn sold first 3D printer within one week after launch
- 3D print your own tie
- RapidPro 2012 expects 2000 visitors
- Eyewear made through 3D printing and traditional needlework
- 3D Systems scheduled to launch cubify.com at CES
- MK7 filament guide spring loaded with ball bearing
- Cool Send to Print / Print to Send Event in London
- 3D print you home to be a snow globe scene
- 1st successful print test from DIY 3D DLP Printer
- Makible working on $300 3D Printer
- 3D Systems completes the acquisition of Z Corp and Vidar
- 3D ice printer