Oct. 27, 2012
Panda Robotics has just canceled its Kickstarter campaign for PandaBot 3D printer. During the three weeks (October 4th -> November 3rd, 2012) on Kickstarter, Pandabot has raised $38,959 of $50,000 goal.
Data from Kicktraq.com:
Average Pledge Per Backer: $300
"we don't want our Kickstarter backers, those who put their money on the line for us, to settle for a beta product so we can build a better product for all those who waited." wrote the team wrote on their blog and their Kickstarter page.
Panda Robotics will seek alternative forms of funding for producing a better Pandabot for users.
All the current backers will be provided a Panda Robotics t-shirt and a Panda Robotics sticker as a thank you for the supporting, plus a $200 coupon that can be applied towards a new PandaBot after the company have gone through final certifications.
Panda Robotics hopes to have production PandaBots available in the first half of 2013.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Kiosk 2.0: Mobile 3D printing workstation
- Custom-built 3D printer to transform waste plastic into composting toilets
- 3D Printer CB-printer launched at the 3D Print show in London
- A preview image of Rostock mini 3D printer
- Last chance to back Pandabot and Form 1 3D printer!
- FabClay: exploring important parameters of robotic 3D printing
- Craig Venter's Vision of 3D DNA printers
- LulzBot AO-100 3D printer certified by Free Software Foundation
- XEOS 3D printer concept
- Dutch department store sells 3D printers
- PandaBot 3D printer is Live on Kickstarter
- The LulzBot TK-0 3D Printer under development
- New UP! software v1.17 to be released in two days
- New Matrix 300+ 3D printer is 3 times faster
- Formlabs announces Form 1 "prosumer" 3D printer
- JP Morgen: New 3D printer from Formlabs could be a threat to low-end & high-end of the market