If you are a World of Warcraft (WoW) junkie you probably already own a 3D printed figurine made by FigurePrints. Figure Prints, in cooperation with Blizzard Entertainment, the company behind WoW, creates custom figurines from your very own WoW character. Using a Z Corp Spectrum 510 3D printer, FigurePrints is able to bring gaming character to reality.
Recently FigurePrints added Minecraft models to its category that recreates your favorite Minecraft world with fully detailed 3D replicas. How does it work?
Using a program provided by Figureprints you can open your worlds and select the region you would like to be printed. There you can click and order the print, the software will prepare the model, show you the estimated cost in real-time. The price is determined by how massive the particular structure is and that is roughly one dollar per 500 in-game blocks.
When you place your order, FigurePrints will create your fully customized Minecraft world replica using 3D modeling and 3D printing. The new technologies allow even the most complicated of these models to be created. Figureprints will then bring your fully one-of-a-kind Minecraft World to your doorstep in about a month.
(Cllick to enlarge)
(Cllick to enlarge)
Images credit: FigurePrints
Here's a look at the fascinating process of creating the models on a 3D printer:
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- World's first 3D printed artificial reef
- Olaf Diegel's 3D-printed Guitars available on Cubify
- 3D printed Water Waves lamps inspired by traditional Chinese painting
- 3D printed Eye of Sauron iPhone 5 case for Lord Of The Rings fans
- The art of 3D print failure
- Keep your earbuds in your ears with 3D printed button
- 3D printed protein model gives hands-on help for learning the secrets of molecules
- Designer Janne Kyttanen launched 3D printed Macedonia case for iPad
- Artist 3D printing museum replica on a Makerbot Replicator
- OpenStructures WaterBoiler Filter by Unfold
- Rebuilding 74-year-old Morris Eight badge with 3D printing
- One Just One: Unique 3D Printed jewellery on Kickstarter
- 3D printing helps Louisville to crowd-source city planning of 2040
- Where to order 3D-printed iPhone 5 cases?
- How to make a 3D printed flashlight
- US Army researchers use 3D printers for rapid prototypes
- Make your own 3D printed headphone
- Win a 3D printed Borderlands 2 Claptrap
- Track and translate the motion of swimming fish into 3D printed sculpture
oo wrote at 4/17/2013 4:28:19 PM:
ola k ase wrote at 3/1/2013 9:35:24 PM:
ola k ase