Belgium natives Philippe Letellier and Fred Paulus, Founders of H3Dpro, have launched a campaign on Indiegogo to provide HD, full-body or face 3D scanning services to their project backers and produce 3D miniatures of them using 3D printing technology.
"The idea is to travel around the United States and Canada and visit various large donors to the project and scan their images with our synchronized 50x HD cameras. Clients will be able to watch the astonishing process of themselves being converted to a 3D reality." said Philippe Letellier.
The startup company's scanning process will collect every tiny detail of the supporter's face, eyes, hair, body shape, skin color, and any other distinguishing features. The team will then clean up the original RAW data and convert it to a 3D Model through specially designed 3D software. "We've tested the process and it's definitely worth the investment of the participant." said Fred Paulus.
After scanning, the series of images will be uploaded to a virtual storage cloud and converted to web data. Clients will have access to those 3D images and a 3D miniature will be printed out using a 3D printer.
Project backers will receive a variety of perks based on different funding level, for example for $199 they will receive a 7cm / 2.75" figurine. The two partners will travel in a mobile studio through Canada and America where they will perform the scans on people who have backed their project. If the crowdfunding has been completed successfully, a roadmap displaying all the stops will be given to each project supporter.
Check out their H3Dpro - 3D body scan and 3D figurine printing project here on Indiegogo.
Posted in 3D Scanning
Maybe you also like:
- 3D scanning reveals caterpillars turning into butterflies
- The Smithsonian is 3D-scanning the past for future generations
- Could 3D scanner detect mist, ice or humidity? Here are the remarkable results!
- Creaform to introduce robot-mounted 3D scanners
- Kinect@Home spinoff Volumental aims to be "The Youtube of 3D"
- 3D scanning the Sydney Opera House for future generations
- Creaform Launches handheld Health Care Partner 3D Scanner
- Using 3D body scanner to help you find the right bike
- Artec introduces new hand-held 3D scanner Spider
- New 3D scanner creates high-resolution 3D images from a kilometer away
- Affordable Photon 3D Scanner: scan items with one click
Ashley A wrote at 8/4/2014 8:58:13 PM:
I am looking for the email contact information for Philippe Letellier and/or Fred Paulus, can you assist me. Please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you