Free plugin links Creo Parametric and KeyShot for direct data transfer
Luxion, a leading developer of advanced rendering and lighting technology and makers of KeyShot®, the first real time ray tracing and global illumination program, yesterday announced the release of its free KeyShot plugin for Creo™ 1.0.
“Upgrading our existing KeyShot plugin architecture was straight forward,” says Dr. Henrik Wann Jensen, Chief Scientist and co-founder of Luxion. “Not only could we re-use the majority of our existing implementation, but it was also incredibly easy to integrate the user interface components with Creo’s new UI and ribbon interface. We commend PTC on its vision and look forward to offering our solution on Creo.”
KeyShot is an interactive 3D rendering and global illumination program developed by Luxion for both PC and Mac that breaks down the complexity of creating photographic images from 3D models. Combined with its ease of use KeyShot gives anybody involved with 3D data the ability to create photographic images in a matter of minutes, independent of the size of the digital model.
KeyShot 2, with native support for Creo 1.0,features the ability to import Creo data directly on PC and Mac. With this new plugin designers and engineers can now link Creo Parametric and KeyShot, and transfer data directly from their modeling session into KeyShot's rendering environment with a single button click. Not only does this eliminate several steps in the process, but the data transfer itself is also significantly faster. This allows users to create high quality images from their Creo data in an even shorter amount of time.
"Luxion is one of the first partners to commit to the integration of their product, KeyShot, into Creo," says Andy Barlow, PTC PartnerAdvantage Program Senior Director. "With this new plugin, anyone involved in the product development process including sales and marketing can benefit from the ability to create high quality imagery from Creo data with just a few clicks."
The plugin is integrated seamlessly into the Creo UI and ribbon interface which makes- the plugin appear as a native Creo application. Introduced at last year’s PTC’s Creo launch event, the plugin has been rewritten from the ground up using PTC’s Pro/ TOOLKIT® enabling even greater flexibility when transferring data from Creo into KeyShot. Core features of the plugin include:
* Quality control: Users can determine the quality of the tessellation with a simple slider.
* Assembly structure: When transferring assemblies from Creo to KeyShot, the full assembly structure will be maintained inside KeyShot, including all subassemblies and instances. The user has the option to merge all instances into a single part inside of KeyShot to reduce complexity.
* Appearances: Users can now maintain color information on the assembly as well as on the part level.
* Saved views: All saved views including default views of an assembly are now available inside KeyShot as saved camera views.
"The introduction of this all new plugin shows Luxion's commitment to the PTC install base," says Dr. Henrik Wann Jensen, Chief Scientist and co-founder of Luxion. "Bringing the two applications even closer together is yet another step to further bridge the gap between design, engineering and marketing for Creo users."
Luxion's KeyShot plugin for Creo Parametric (formerly known as Pro/ENGINEER®) can be downloaded free of charge at: www.keyshot.com/downloads/plugins.html
Posted in 3D Software
- Microsoft's HoloDesk - Play with 3D Objects
- My Robot Nation is Launched - 3D Creation for Everyone
- Rapid Prototyping Now Accessible to North Texas Innovators
- Print Your Face as Real
- 3D Systems Acquires Advanced Materials Division of Huntsman Corp
- 3D Systems Supports Redfish Instruments' New Apple Enabled Multimeter
- 3D Systems Earns 14 Cents per Share for Third Quarter 2011
**Tips? Find bugs? Or suggestions, ideas, please drop us a note at "contact us" form. Thank you.