Makerbot has just launched Remote Control Cars, Dynamos and a Windup Robot - 3 open source toy kits for your 3D printers.
MakerBot projects is an ongoing collection of kits for Makerbot 3D printer owners to make possible everything.
Simply get the kits and print out the parts from thingiverse and assemble. No soldering is needed. Till end of Monday Makerbot are offering a special deal for this weeknd. Buy two (the Botmobile and the Dynamo) and get one free (windup walkers).
The MakerBot Botmobile is the first open source remote control car. It’s got a great 12 volt motor, a 2 channel radio controller, a tiny servo for steering, rubber racing tires; all rolled into a a ready-to-go kit.
The MakerBot Dynamo is a wonderful project that shows how hand motion is converted into electrical energy. The kit comes with a toy motor, 3 metal screws and 3 large bright LEDs.
The MakerBot Windup Walker pack comes with 5 barebones windup feet, ready to start walking.
Posted in 3D Print Companies
- Formlabs: 3D printer startup raised $500K initial funding
- Tiertime Brings Its newest 3D Printer Inspire S250 to EuroMold 2011
- 3D Systems Launchs New RapMan 3.2 3D Printer Kit
- Objet Geometries bids for NASDAQ IPO
- Z Corp bought by 3D Systems for $137 million
- Objet 3D Printed Dashboard from StreetScooter and Other Cutting-Edge 3D Printing Applications at EuroMold 2011
- 3D Printer Manufacturing Industry Research Report Available from IBISWorld
- 3D Systems Acquires Advanced Materials Division of Huntsman Corp
- FabLab opens in Brainport region, Eindhoven, NL
- Urbee eco-car comes to Euromold
**Tips? Find bugs? Or suggestions, ideas, please drop us a note at "contact us" form. Thank you.