3D printing technology helps A. Papadopoulos prove-out his design and it provides a prototype for showing his project. GrabCAD user A. Papadopoulos created a 3d printed synchro gearbox and uploaded online. It is a project made for Technological Educational Institute of Crete. He designed Synchro Gearbox using Skeleton Modeling software and excel, and finally 3D printed with Dimension elite 3D printer. Totally 142 pieces parts are printed out. What a fabulous piece! Do you also like it? A. Papadopoulos shares the stl file at http://grabcad.com/library/3d-printed-synchro-gearbox for everyone to download and print their own gearbox.
He made a nice animation showing the gearbox model:
(photo credit: A. Papadopoulos)
Posted in 3D Print Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printing and 111 five euro cent coins
- Experimental kite features 1700 3D printed connectors
- Nature-inspired greenhouse created using a 3D printer
- GE shares a 3D printed Christmas Tree ornament
- 3D printed Kindle Kapsule Lightstand for your beloved
- World's first 3D printed customized implant wins innovation award
- Fishman guitar amplification devices created with 3D printer
- 5 stunning 3D printed gear sibling
- 2D mechatronic printer created with 3D printer
- 3D printed models acts in best ads of 2011 “Back To The Start"