Inspired by the revolution of Josef Prusa for simplifying the construction of RepRap Mendel, Thingiverse user Mecano made this 3D printer beauty - Prusa Air. Shown below is the picture of Prusa Air which is neatly designed and easy to build up.
He made couples of changes, such as replacing the frame rods and RP pieces by three pieces of acrylic; removing one of the sides of the typical Mendel triangle; changing the holes for the rods so the rods can be easily removed without having to unscrew the nuts.
Shown below is a concept rendering of his second prototype, Prusa Air 2. This prototype will be stronger and have a larger built envelope. If there is a beauty contest for 3D printers, Prusa Air can just be the winner.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- What will 3D printers be like in the future?
- A closer look at Buildatron Systems
- Behind the invention of world's smallest 3D printer
- Bits from Bytes Rapman 3.2 3D printer kit videos
- The Fabbster 3D printer - ready for mass market
- Asiga releases the world's first 3D Printer using UV LED System
- Homemade DIY High Resolution 3D Printer
- Printrbot Project - Simplest 3D Printer Recently Launched
- How To Make Your Own Stereolithography 3D Printer
- Projet HD3000 3D printing in small thicknesses