The Best of CES Emerging Tech award went to the MakerBot's latest printer, the Replicator. Congratulations! As a special treat for CES this year, Makerbot released a project "Playsets". A couple of super skilled designers including Michael "Skimbal" Curry, creator of Turtle Shell Racers and Gothic Cathedral playset, and Cushwa and PrettySmallThings. This is an awesome idea, designers contribute the design and prototypes, and people are encouraged to recreate them at home - you can find all the files online to be downloaded and print your own version.
You will certainly love these creations, the dollhouses, the castle, an egg-shaped chair, a little princess, and what you need to do is just to press the "print" button and of course to be a Makerbot Replicator owner! You will be a happy maker. While more and more people are becoming interested in designing and manufacturing objects, Makerbot has sucessfully reached its targeted group: small business and hobbyist market.
After the break, see the video below: a stop motion animated film "The Right Heart" from Makerbot. It is about a princess looking for her missing heart - she didn't receive what she wanted but made one herself.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 10 super beautiful 3D printed mathematical sculptures of Henry Segerman
- Make your own 3D printed zoetrope
- A phenomenal 3D printed puzzle that challenges your brain
- Tardis Cookie Cutter - an easy and fun use of a 3D printer
- 3D print your own tie
- Eyewear made through 3D printing and traditional needlework
- MK7 filament guide spring loaded with ball bearing
- 3D print you home to be a snow globe scene
- Minecraft Village printed on a 3D printer
- Super lightweight bike using 3D printed stainless steel lugs