JF Brandon launched a campaign on Indiegogo aiming to create the Rygo, probably the biggest 3D print in North America.
The project plans to create a 6 x 6 x 8 meters (20 x 20 x 27 ft) sculpture in a white cementlike material and intall it at Gropp's Gallery of Vancouver, Canada. What's special about this sculpture? Titled "the Rygo", this sculpture was designed by famous 3D designer and sculptor Bathsheba Grossman of California and will be 3D printed in Italy by Enrico Dini's DShape using an architectural-scale 3D printer. The sculpture will be shipped from Italy to Vancouver packed by a printed crate.
This campaign will be ended by Mar 5, 2012 so still 36 days left before they can reach their $16,000 goal. The funding is going to cover 3D printing, shipping and installing the Rygo and other expenses.
For your contribution you will get some awesome rewards. For example for $20 you could have the 3D printed leafychain designed by JF Branadon which will be printed by New York based Buildatron.
From $75 to $300 you can select different sizes of 3D prints of the Rygo from small to large, made of clear plastic.
For $1000 they will ship this 100 cm high 3D printed "Niche" lamp to you, specially designed by JF Brandon. It was made using Voronoi diagrams to make non-repeating holes to allow light through.
Image credit: JF Brandon & Bathsheba Grossman
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D print you home to be a snow globe scene
- Minecraft Village printed on a 3D printer
- Super lightweight bike using 3D printed stainless steel lugs
- Mysterious Gömböc built by Objet 3D printer
- 3D Printer brings a Robotic Hand from design to life
- Designing and 3D printing a synchro gearbox
- 3D printing and 111 five euro cent coins
- Experimental kite features 1700 3D printed connectors
- Nature-inspired greenhouse created using a 3D printer
- GE shares a 3D printed Christmas Tree ornament
- 3D printed Kindle Kapsule Lightstand for your beloved
- World's first 3D printed customized implant wins innovation award
- Fishman guitar amplification devices created with 3D printer
- 5 stunning 3D printed gear sibling
- 2D mechatronic printer created with 3D printer
- 3D printed models acts in best ads of 2011 "Back To The Start"
- Need a stand for your Kinect? 3D print it!
- Maiden flight of the world's first fully "rapid prototyped" Robotic Aircraft