Mike is a model engineer and has recently discovered 3D printing. He owns a Sumpod 3D printer and has printed quite a amount of stuff guided by his principle - learning by printing. He uploaded a series of videos to give new Sumpod Users instruction and tips about softwares.
This series of videos include how he uses Alibre3D CAD software to generate .stl file and then to Gcode; his Skeinforge settings for 3D printing and the printing process etc.
Watch his youtube videos below or visit his website, send him your feedback or suggestions about the video or other "how-to's" for beginners.
How he uses Alibre3D CAD software to generate .stl file and then to Gcode:
His Skeinforge settings for 3D Printing (extrusions):
Printing Multiple items:
Thanks Mike for the great work!
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- 15 year-old Laura played 3D printed violin on CNN
- Low-cost and open source SLS wax 3D printer
- Micah Ganske offers his artwork free download for 3D printing
- 3D print and make your own electro wire stripper
- The $300 MakiBox 3D Printer funding launched
- How to assemble your own Buildatron 3D printer
- Tinkercad intergrates with Ponoko's 3D printing service
- Fab@Home 3D Printer Makes anything
- Help Crowdfund the biggest 3D print in North America
- Fred Laforge's 3D printed sculpture at Galerie SAS
- gt2P develops furniture construction systems using digital crafting and traditional techniques
- Stratasys adds soluble support material for Polycarbonate
- Dissolvable support material used for 3D printing gearbox and Hilbert Cube
- BFB Launched Upgrade kits for RapMan 3.0 or 3.1 3D printers
- Factory on the road - a Prius, two designers and four 3D printers
- Unboxing 3D printed Minecraft objects