The Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) is seeking entries to the inaugural 3D Printing Fashion Show to be held during the RAPID 2012 Conference and Exposition, May 22-25 in Atlanta. Materialise is partnering with SME to produce the 3D Printing Fashion Show.
Why should you submit a design? Because you will have a chance:
1. to get your design being produced by 3D printing service company
2. to bring your most innovative ideas to life
3. to expand your portfolio
4. gain exposure and network with leaders in 3D printing field
The deadline to submit entries for the 3D Printing Fashion Show is February 28. Designs can be an article of clothing, piece of jewelry, purse or accessory and it must be created in a CAD program and submit as a jpeg file, but cannot exceed 9" x 9" x 9" in size.
By March 5, 2012 you will be notified if your piece has been selected, and if yes you will be requested to submit a stereolithography STL file of your design.
The 3D Printing Fashion Show will recognize designers who create articles of clothing, shoes, accessories and jewelry with computer-aided design (CAD) software and 3D printers. Growing in popularity, additive technologies have been used for two decades by engineers in many industries to prototype parts for automotive, aerospace, medical devices and consumer products. Recently, 3D printing has been used to manufacture anything from automobile components to medical implants to fashion sunglasses.
"Attendees will be impressed by the innovative way fashion and manufacturing will come together as models donned in 3D printed items walk the runway," said SME business development manager Gary Mikola. "We're pleased to offer aspiring designers a chance to gain recognition in their field while experiencing this unique opportunity to participate in the 3D printing industry."
More information can be found here.
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- Alexander Boden interview: how the model of village in Minecraft is created
- Absolutely stunning cocoon lamp created with multi-material 3D printer
- 3D chocolate printer available for taking orders
- 3D printing used in upcoming animation "The Pirates! Band of Misfits"
- Inspiring 3D Printing experiments by Monocircus full of fun and love
- The ORD Bot 3D printer platform using MakerSlide linear bearing
- Stratasys uPrint SE 3D printer got $1 Million order from Department of Defense
- OrcaM reconstructs perfect digital copies of any object
- Contour Crafting could 3D print a house in 24 hours
- Michael Weinberg: It Will Be Awesome if They Don't Screw it Up
- "3D printing is here - but the factory in every home isn't!" - Deloitte TMT Trends for 2012
- To design, 3D print and share Makerbot playsets
- Cory Doctorow's lecture on the upcoming war on general-purpose computing