SoundCloud is an online audio distribution platform which allows people to create and share a sound recording such as a voice, conversation, laughs, moment or music in seconds. What can a sound file be used for? Teamed with Shapeways, the two companies has brought out "the Vibe", an iPhone case which you can fully customize with your favorite waveform from SoundCloud. Yes, the invisible sound wave can be visually displayed and even 3D-printed out.
The SoundCloud is pretty awesome and very easy to use. You can use a SoundCloud app to record the audio and then create a waveform of that audio clip. On Shapeways' the vibe site you can connect to SoundCloud and choose your favorite audio recording. Shapeways will then integrate the waveform of your audio into the structure of the iPhone case and print out the iPhone case for you. For $25 you will get a custom 3D printed iPhone cases printed in black or white.
If you prefer other physical form of invisible waves to be made, Shapeways does have quite a lot of designs to offer. Such as below in the photo, Shapeways user Jeff has converted the voice saying "I love you" into a love wave pendant for necklace, a perfect gift for your beloved one.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- How far fashion goes using 3D printing this week
- 3D printing in school - Young students print their own head
- 8 Cool iPhone amplifiers created using 3D printer
- Swedish startup gets 3D printing into wedding industry
- 3D printed Cello Girl on Kickstarter
- First 3D printed Pirate Bay ship delivered with a hefty price tag
- Help Crowdfund the biggest 3D print in North America
- Fred Laforge's 3D printed sculpture at Galerie SAS
- gt2P develops furniture construction systems using digital crafting and traditional techniques
- Tel Aviv Artist Eyal Gever recreated natural disasters with 3D Printing
- 27-year old Dutch designer Iris van Herpen conquers Paris
- Flying helicopter with 3D printed helicopter blades
- Make a 3D printed record for the Fisher-Price record player