For months DIY hobbyist have been waiting for updates on Junior Veloso's resin-based 3D printer. Finally Junior Veloso has news in his blog:
...we think would make more sense to move for only a basic kit, where we would provide all documentation needed to build the Printer, as well the Resin formula and just sell the software and the controller board. The documentation would have the detail technical specification, BOM and Suppliers.
This basic kit (Document + Software + Controller Board) would be sold around $600 USD, but even for that we would need a good volume to be able to produce it.
For this reason we're creating a Pre-order list for both Kits (full and basic), so we can decide the best way to move forward.
Though there is no detailed information regarding what is included in a basic kit, but 600$ for a basic kit is for sure very attractive for the most hobbyist. And nowadays the resin is getting cheaper, recommended by Thingiverse user ScribbleJ, the resin from Bucktown Polymers is cheaper than some current PLA prices, by volume.
If you are interested in the basic kit or a complete kit(4000$) from Junior Veloso, you'd better sent him email at email@example.com.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Pocket printer under development
- Introducing Cartesio CNC/3D printer kit
- ORD Bot 3D printers and MakerSlide available for pre-order
- Affordable Blueprinter SHS 3D printer for desktop sintering
- Building an extra large Ultimaker 3D printer
- Breakthrough: High-speed 3D printer with nanoscale precision
- New 3D-ONE 3D printer from Robot Factory
- RouterStrap 3D printer on the CNC Machine
- How low can a Prusa Mendel 3D printer cost go
- Could Makibox's $350 3D printer raise more money than they have reached now? YES!
- Launch party for KamerMaker - First large-scale movable pavilion 3D-print rooms
- Fabbster "launch customer program" launches today
- The Man Who Prints Houses - Documentary about Enrico Dini and his heart and soul in 3D printing buildings