There are plenty of 3D printed iPhone covers online. But with Kees you can design and create your own unique cases for iPhone 4 & iPhone 4S.
Yes you don't have to rely on industrial designers anymore. On Kees' website, you can follow the step-by-step instruction to make your design. It begins with the bumper(the edges) that you can choose either to have straight edges or rounded ones. The back layer is made of combination of two levels: the background and the illustration. For the design of the background there are more than 80 types of 3D structures listed. When you make your selection Kees allows you to add an illustration on it - to select a nice images from a library of objects, such as flowers, rose, castle, butterfly, buddha, or a heart - to be placed in the center of the back layer. It is still not completed: you can then choose your favourite color with different finish, and furthermore, you can add your own special words.
Your Kees will then be sent to a 3D printer. The result will be either a rough Sturdy nylon case or with soft velvety fur finish depending on your choices.
Kees is a Dutch initiative from Jonas and Daaf, two brothers from Samson design studio. The price for the cover starts from €37.50.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printed Apple accessories from Curve Creative
- 3D printing a perfect replacement part for dishwasher
- Create a full-color 3D relief sculpture from your photo
- Create 3d-printable jewelry and sculpture with Cell Cycle WebGL design app
- SoundCloud teamed with Shapeways to get soundwave 3D-printed
- Bathsheba's experimental 3D printed ceramic oil lamp
- StreetScooter and 3D printed dashboard
- Affordable 3D printed time lapse dolly for fantastic photography
- 3D printed one-of-a-kind stock market performance bracelets
- Give the Raspberry Pi an attractive 3D Printed Case
- How to make your own homemade flashlight using a 3D printer
- Drive between schools with 3D printers in the trunk
A K Mai wrote at 11/2/2013 4:16:48 AM:
I too would be interested in such a thing for the iPhone 4 - any word on the possibility?
Aly Macrae wrote at 8/24/2012 5:11:40 PM:
Hi there, I've been searching in vain for a 3d iphone cover that looks like the 'Handlink' unit from the TV show Quantum Leap. It seems that none are available. I would imagine that it may be possible to create one using 3d printing but all the examples above conform to the basic shape of the handset. The 'Handlink' looks more like it's made of space lego. Is this something you could do? Cheers Aly p.s. it looks a bit like this: http://www.therpf.com/f9/my-quantum-leap-handlink-replica-77955/