While most of earbuds on the market have a feature of great sound isolation, the people at AIRbudz is promoting their earbuds that let ambient noise in by building the buds with air channels. What can it be used for? Well, how many of you are using earbuds while running or cycling on the road? Without hearing a warning sound when you are on the street can be very dangerous. The AIRbudz are designed to let ambient sounds in but without altering or compromising the music.
The AIRbudz earbuds are 3D printed and fit only on to your existing earphones that have removable earbuds. Simply replace the tips that came with your earphones with AIRbudz. The AIRbudz can be fit approximately 70% of earphones currently on the market.
The AIRbudz is launched by Utah-based entrepreneur Tammy Erdel on Kickstarter for pre-order. For $10 you will receive 9 AIRbudz, 3 sets of each size - small, medium and large - with your choice of the colors, and a carrying case. Quite a good deal - no wonder at the time of this writing they have reached their $22,000 goal and raised $23,052 from 805 backers. There are only 23 hours left for their Kickstarter campaign, you need to be hurry if you are in for such a pair.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Turning 3D prints failure into art
- Design and 3D print "Love and Hate" word blocks
- Getting Angry Birds jewelry designs to the mass market, thanks to 3D printing
- Makies.me, customizable 3D printed Avatar dolls creation site launched as an alpha
- 3D-Printed Truecartier ring showing sounds from luxurious jewelry stores in NYC
- Tiny planetary gears set 3D-printed on a Makerbot Replicator
- The first 3D-printed sex toy prototype is there
- 3D printed ear adapter turns your earbuds into headphones
- Stop-motion Movie 'Paranorman' used 3D printers to create 31,000 individual facial parts
- Edible Chocolate Brain created from MRI scan and 3D printer
- Jay Leno uses 3D scanner and 3D Printer to replace old car parts
- 3D-Print a battery adapter for Canon Powershot SX200
- 3D printed Tanorexic Doll inspired by Tanning Mom
- One piece 3D printed hand glider that flies
- 3D printed Atlas co-op bot from portal 2
- 3D printed milk jug tells if you have milk at home
- 3D printed smart bandage that stimulates and directs blood vessel growth
- Disney World hosts "Carbon-Freeze Me" Experience using 3D printing technology
- How to design and 3D-print your own Tilt-Shift Lens Adapter