Irish start-up Mcor Technologies Ltd, the manufacturer of the only paper 3D printer in the world has signed a contract with Plantin and Tetterode on 18 June for the sale and service of their 3D printing systems in the Benelux market. Plantin and Tetterode will also provide training for Mcor 3D printers.
Mcor was founded by the brothers Dr Conor MacCormack and Fintan MacCormack. They developed a 3D printing system in which sheets of material(paper) are cut and glued together to form 3D object.
Plantin en Tetterode is part of Staples Printing Systems Division in Staples International. Staples Printing Systems Division is the market leader and largest supplier of graphic machinery and materials such as Heidelberg and many other renowned brands.
Hans Huyghe, Managing Director of Plantin and Tetterode says, "The 3D solution brought by Mcor fits perfectly with our core business. This 3D solution is eco-friendly and easy to use. Especially the total cost is very low."
Mcor announced the new Mcor Iris full 3D color printer at Rapid 2012. It uses letter paper and could print photo-realistic 3D parts with high quality color and the finest resolution you would expect from a high quality 2D color printer.
"With our experience in the printing, packaging and sign & display market, we believe that we could provide Mcor an immediate and professional access to these market segments."
Image credit / Source: Tetterode
Posted in 3D Printer Resellers
Maybe you also like:
- Fujifilm to offer retailers 3D printers
- Landre expands capacities in 3D printing through acquisition
- Widenhorn sold first 3D printer within one week after launch
- 3D printing robot produces "satellite lamp" from recycled CD cases
- TNO shows new platform that makes 3D printing for mass production possible
- New 3D-printed Kinetic sculptures from a eMaker Huxley
- 3D-printed whistles and WhistleGen code by Josef Prusa
- Christopher Barnatt's online 3D printing experiment with i.Materialise
- 3D printed hat Daisy wins Hats Off to 3D Printing Design Challenge
- Auto-Leveling Platform for 3D printers under development
- Maxit 3D printer joins Human vs machine re-match tonight
- Arkitypo project - 3D printed alphabet shows typographic history
- Teach or learn 3D design and 3D printing on Skillshare
- 3D printed ExoHand - a solution for future human-machine cooperation
- Food printing experiments with a Makerbot at milan design week 2012
- Human vs. 3D printer
- 3D printing rubber balloons
- New Affordable Bukobot 3D printer with expandable framework
- 3D printed Hop Pod for life size Iron Man suit
- 3D printing a special bracelet for Mother's Day