Jewelry Designer and graphic artist, Summer Powell, announces the Official Launch of the 3D printed Gemetrica Collection.
The Gemetrica Collection is a modern jewelry line for Women featuring three distinctive necklace and earring styles. Her sleek and unique designs include the Rock Star Diamond, the Future Victorian Emerald, and the Mod Moiré Pearl necklaces and earrings. The line is available in both black and white designs.
"I love geometry, pattern, and symbol, so creating these glam statement baubles for my Gemetrica Collection came naturally. The bold, graphic, intricate, yet lightweight gems are created in CAD and produced using innovative 3D printing technology," says Summer. "Inspired by classic luxury jewelry shapes with a modern twist, the delicate lines, shadows, and moiré patterns created by my jewelry make it fun and sexy to wear. I'm very excited to share my designs with a broad audience."
Made with a unique 3D printing process, retail prices of all of the pieces range from $75 for earrings to $125 for necklaces.
The Gemetrica Collection reflects Summer's own free spirit, unique, and feminine style. She finds inspiration in the dichotomies of life - everything from street style in New York City to the tranquility and peace of Northern California.
(images credit: Summer Powell)
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Stunning 3D printed octopus vehicle with working features and LED lighting
- Weta Workshop uses 3D printers to make props for Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit
- GE joint venture to manufacture jet-engine parts with 3D printing
- Rapid-prototyping what Wooly Mammoth sounded like
- First academic library in the United States to offer 3D printing campuswide
- Iris van Herpen's stunning 3D Printed dress - hybrid holism aw2012/13 collection
- 3D printers make prototypes of POP portable device charger
- 3D printed FOBO bipedal walking robot and Spool bot
- 3D-printed shoes inspired by bird's skull
- Hacker uses Repman 3D printer to reproduce police handcuff keys
- First 3D printed full-sized milk jug boat
- 3D printed Nóize chairs combined Brazilian designs with sounds in the street
- 3D printing helps to build the fastest car in the world
- Airbus working on a concept plane built with giant 3D printers
- EADS displays 3D-printed unmanned aerial vehicle at Farnborough Airshow
- North America's largest 3D print on its way to Vancouver
- Chinese scientists uses 3D printer to print ear
- Stratasys 3D printer supports student built Lunar Rover Prototype for Google Lunar X PRIZE
- 3D printed Golf-In-Miniature: The desktop 18 hole miniature golf course
- Recreating dinosaurs with 3D scanner and 3D printer
- Penn Researchers create vasculature in living tissues with RepRap 3D printer and sugar
- Memoirs - 3D printed USB jewellery
- Lightest sprint shoe "Designed to Win" created with 3D printer
- Build customized portable speaker with a 3D printer
- Making Boxes for Gadgets with a 3D printer
- Customize and 3D print your own MWOO