Show your 3d models directly on Sketchfab. Formerly known as ShowWebGL, Sketchfab is an online platform for publishing and sharing 3D models and it allows you to view 3d models directly in your browser. There is no need to install any software or plugin, the service works with any WebGL-enabled browser including Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Safari.
Sketchfab is very simple to use, you can easily browse or search the models and sort by tag. You can also publish your 3d models to this platform and add meta information to share your model on the web. The platform supports models in any of 25 standard formats, including Blender (.blend), 3DS (.3ds), Lightwave (.lwo, .lws) etc and Standard Tessellation Language (.stl) for 3D printing. It supports textures, normal maps, specular, diffuse, transparency, lights... This is very convenient for communication with clients or presentations.
In addition you can watch 3D models from any angle, and you can embed the viewer on your website or blog. Simply click on the embed button, grab the code and paste it in your destination page. "It's just like youtube, but for 3D files."
Sketchfab offers Blender exporter, 3ds Max exporter and SketchUp Exporter, which means you can upload your models directly from Blender, 3ds Max and Sketchup to Sketchfab with one click.
Joining Sketchfab is free, you will be able to upload up to 10 models of 50 MB each, which means up to 500 MB of free storage space. If this is not enough, Sketchfab offers a PRO version for 9 € / month or 89 € / year for up to 200 MB files and private sharing etc.
The paris-based startup released Sketchfab 3 months ago and now they have 2,300 models uploaded to the site. Sketchfab also works on Android 4.0 with firefox mobile, next it will be able to display 3D content on any device: desktops, smartphones, tablets.
Take a look at Sketchfab's intro video below.
Posted in 3D Design
Maybe you also like:
- Getting Angry Birds jewelry designs to the mass market, thanks to 3D printing
- $40k Desktop Factory Competition
- Makies.me, customizable 3D printed Avatar dolls creation site launched as an alpha
- 3D-Printed Truecartier ring showing sounds from luxurious jewelry stores in NYC
- LightPlot: a robotic system painting with light in 3D space
- Small drive gear for geared stepper motors on Indiegogo
- Tiny planetary gears set 3D-printed on a Makerbot Replicator
- Burritob0t: a 3D printer prints Mexican food
- The first 3D-printed sex toy is there
- Time to save your failed prints for recycling
- Tantillus portable opensource 3D printer now on Indiegogo
- 3D printed ear adapter turns your earbuds into headphones
- DreamVendor - an interactive 3D printing station in Virginia Tech
- Stop-motion Movie 'Paranorman' used 3D printers to create 31,000 individual facial parts
- Edible Chocolate Brain created from MRI scan and 3D printer
- Which company in 3D printing world has better link profile quality?
- Jay Leno uses 3D scanner and 3D Printer to replace old car parts