Earlier Essential Dynamics showcased the 1st Gen of the Imagine 3D printer at the CES 2012 and it was priced at $3,000, fully assembled.
The 2nd Gen of Imagine 3D printer has a bigger build platform: 9"x9" (229x229mm), largest build tray in the industry.
It comes preloaded with designs and uses single cartridge for easier operation. Because it is a syringe based design, basically you can make objects with any material that you place in the cartridge. It opens up a wide variety of materials that can be filled in, including chocolate, food, silicone, cheese, epoxy, organics, etc, or even concrete.
The new Imagine 3D printer will be available for $1,995 starting August 20th.
Thanks Tristan for the tip!
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- 2BEIGH3 3D printer call for 60 material testers
- TangiBot 3D Printer - a Makerbot Replicator clone
- Israeli student develops largest 3D porcelain printer (video)
- Eco-friendly robotic 3D printer produces architecture from soil on-site
- First open source powder-based 3D printer
- Fully assembled Afinia H-Series 3D printer launched
- Manufacture on the go: a digital fabrication briefcase with 3D printer and CNC mill
- Build a briefcase 3D printer that you can take everywhere
- Ditto 3D printer now available on Indiegogo
- Rostock: an amazing delta robot 3D printer prototype
- Solidscape launches high precision fully automated 3Z Pro 3D printer
- Maxit 3D printer official launch announced
- Some tips for getting better 3D printing results
- How to unpack, start up and shut down 3D-ONE 3D printer
- Foldable Foldarap 3d printer launches a crowdfunding campaign on Ulule
- Monolith Stereolithographic 3D printer
- Short lead time puts Makerbot in a more competitive position
- Low cost open source 3D DLP printer on Kickstarter
- Fosterbot, a Makerbot Thing-o-Matic derived 3D printer
- Open3DP to show off new Grawmet 3D printer tomorrow
- What is your experience with 3D printer?
- Meet the amazing and craziest 3D prints come off Objet Connex500
- Solidscape sold its 1,000th T76Plus 3D printer
- Vision 3D Printer - an optimized RepRap Prusa Mendel on Kickstarter
- New Portabee 3D printer can fit into a laptop bag
- EnvisionTEC will release Perfactory Micro end of May
- MakiBox progress - motion platform assembled