Realitat is a research and experimental studio founded by Juan Manuel de J. Escalante in Mexico City. Their recent creation "Microsonic Landscapes" visualizes music with physical form as a representation of an algorithmic exploration of the music.
Realitat selected some of their favorite albums, including Nick Drake's Pink Moon and Portishead's Third, and converted them into 3D objects. Each album's soundwave were 3D printed in a cylindrical form layer by layer on a Makerbot 3D printer.
The teams explains, the creation "proposes a new spatial and unique journey by transforming sound into matter/space: the hidden into something visible."
Video below is the trailer for Juan's upcoming generative art workshop at the Gray Area Foundation for the Arts. Buy your ticket here.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D printed Hop Pod for life size Iron Man suit
- 3D printing a special bracelet for Mother's Day
- Beautiful 3D printed air turbine lamp by Margot Krasojevic
- Barobo launches modular robot for a very reasonable $270
- 3D-Printing custom labware for chemical synthesis and analysis
- Young student builds hexapod robot with Dimension 3D Printer
- 3D printed metal - twin rail Mobius pendant with ball-bearings
- Designer lamps from 3D printers
- Personalised 3D printed Scrappies is now on Indiegogo
- Custom your own 3D printed iPhone case with Kees
- Precise offers a scaled likeness 3D model of the individual in Dubai
- 3D scanning and printing of the ancient Chinese artefacts in the Forbidden City
- 3D-print your head to pop on your favourite superhero action figure
- Audi to come out of a 3D printer
- Replacing parts of a 168-year-old conformateur with 3D printer
- 3D Printed DoodleBot makes graphics and patterns on a whiteboard
- Iris van Herpen's 3D-printed dresses in Groningen Museum
- 3D-printed buckliball opens new class of collapsible 3D structures
- Innovative digital and 3D printed fossils for engaging the public with science
- How to build a low cost 4 Servo Arduino Biped robot
- Extraordinary demand for the ModMyPi 3D printed Raspberry Pi cases
- 3D printing joins revolution in medical industry
- 3D-Printed Universal Adapter set connects construction toys to each other
- 3D printed Hand Robot InMoov
- 3D printed Apple accessories from Curve Creative
- 3D printing a perfect replacement part for dishwasher