If you are owner of a Makerbot Cupcake you can now upgrade it! William Steele launched his Ultra-Bot 3D Printer on Kickstarter which is inspired by the original Makerbot Cupcake.
Ultra-Bot 3D Printer has an entirely new design that utilizes the "vitamins" from the Cupcake. Steele has made the following changes:
- move the electronics to the inner bottom plate.
- eliminate the Z axis parts on top of the printer and moved them to the lower portion of the Cupcake.
- utilize modern Generation 6 electronics, high precision stepper motors for better build quality and resolution of the parts.
- increase the build area to 5"x 6 1/2" x 7 1/2" (127x165x191 mm).
You can now buy it as an upgrade for $349 including a new set of Printrboard electronics. A full Ultra-Bot 3D printer Kit costs $799 and if you back for $1,099 you will receive one completely assembled Ultra-Bot equipped with a heated build platform.
(the Heated Build Platform and the new Acrylic Spool Holder that are available with the Ultra-Bot)
All Kickstarters will receive the earliest possible access to the design files and bill of materials. Check the Ultra-Bot 3D printer here on Kickstarter.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Pandabot 3D printer soon on Kickstarter
- Solidscape launches fully automated 3ZSTUDIO 3D printer for custom retail jewelers
- Giant 3D laser printer to reshape local manufacturing industry
- File2Part introducing unique Gutenberg 3D full color 3D printer
- Introducing four new personal 3D printers
- The 2nd Gen of the multi-material Imagine 3D printer
- 2BEIGH3 3D printer call for 60 material testers
- TangiBot 3D Printer - a Makerbot Replicator clone
- Israeli student develops largest 3D porcelain printer (video)
- Eco-friendly robotic 3D printer produces architecture from soil on-site
- First open source powder-based 3D printer
- Fully assembled Afinia H-Series 3D printer launched
- Manufacture on the go: a digital fabrication briefcase with 3D printer and CNC mill
- Build a briefcase 3D printer that you can take everywhere
- Ditto 3D printer now available on Indiegogo
- Rostock: an amazing delta robot 3D printer prototype
- Solidscape launches high precision fully automated 3Z Pro 3D printer
- Maxit 3D printer official launch announced
- Some tips for getting better 3D printing results
- How to unpack, start up and shut down 3D-ONE 3D printer
- Foldable Foldarap 3d printer launches a crowdfunding campaign on Ulule
- Monolith Stereolithographic 3D printer
- Short lead time puts Makerbot in a more competitive position
steve cooley wrote at 9/8/2012 7:33:53 PM:
Great, now build a kit to expand the build area of my thing-o-matic :-\