Mcor Technologies Ltd, manufacturer of the paper 3D printers announced the launch of the Matrix 300+, lowest cost, high quality, most eco-friendly 3D printer that is now 3 times faster!
The Matrix 3D printer uses A4/Letter paper to make 3D objects. Mcor have implemented a Selectable Layer Thickness (S.L.T.) technique that allows the Matrix to run in two different modes, draft or presentation.
The Matrix 300+ is sold with enhanced software which reduces build time and simplifies the 'weeding' process. Mcor have also developed a new Matrix technique called V.V.D. - Variable Volume Deposition - this technique enables the production of more complex parts that are even stronger and more durable.
Matrix 300+ Technical Specs:
A4 Paper: 256 x 169 x 150 mm
Letter Paper: 9.39 x 6.89 x 5.9 inches
A4 (80 gsm & 160 gsm)
Letter Size (20 lbs & 43 lbs)
Layer Thickness: 0.1 mm (o.oo4 in) and 0.19 mm (0.007 in)
Resolution: 0.1 mm (0.004 in)
Mcor's proprietary software, SliceIT accepts solid models in STL. SliceIT software features 3D viewing, parts placement, orientation and scaling functionality.
Equipment Dimensions: 950 x 700 x 800 mm (h) / 37.4 x 27.55 x 31.5 in (h)
Equipment Weight: 160 kg (350 lbs.)
Power Requirements: 350 W, 240 v 50 Hz or 120 v 60 Hz
Hardware Requirements: 2GB memory and 100GB harddrive, 2 network cards, one for the printer.
Operating System: Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7
The Matrix 300+ will be available globally in late 2012.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Formlabs announces Form 1 "prosumer" 3D printer
- JP Morgen: New 3D printer from Formlabs could be a threat to low-end & high-end of the market
- Is Makerbot going closed source?
- 3D printer helping company to bring its products to market quicker
- Hack and refill a Stratasys Dimension 3D printer
- 3D printer startup Formlabs.com countdown
- Eventorbot 3D printer is now on Kickstarter
- EZ 3D printer from Taiwan
- ExOne released a faster 3D metal printer
- A list of DIY high resolution DLP 3D printers
- Pre-assembled all-Metal HYREL 3D printer
- Ultra-Bot 3D Printer on Kickstarter
- Pandabot 3D printer soon on Kickstarter
- Solidscape launches fully automated 3ZSTUDIO 3D printer for custom retail jewelers
- Giant 3D laser printer to reshape local manufacturing industry
- File2Part introducing unique Gutenberg 3D full color 3D printer
- Introducing four new personal 3D printers
- The 2nd Gen of the multi-material Imagine 3D printer