You might want to following the development of the LulzBot TK-0 3D Printer by Aleph Objects, it is announced to have 300mm x 300mm x 225mm build volume and 250mm/sec printing speed at 100 microns. It is designed to be assembled and calibrated in 2.5 hours.
There are about 20 printed parts, available in STL format and original Sketchup files. The design files are released under the GPLv3, documentation under CC-BY-SA.
- RAMBo electronics.
- Fully enclosed electronics case with fan and strain relief.
- Panucatt Heatbed.
- LM8EUU bearings.
- Marlin firmware.
- Pronterface printer control.
- Comes with 0.50mm, 0.35mm, 0.25mm nozzles.
- No belt slippage or stretching.
- Folds up into a small box, for easier and less expensive shipping.
- Weight: 11kg including power supply.
- Size: 585mm x 525mm x 525mm.
- Size of unit when folded: 585mm x 525mm x 190mm.
- Enclosed UL certified power supply (will be 24V).
- Wade's Reloaded extruder.
- All extrusion lengths the same--very easily scalable up or down.
- All rod lengths the same.
- All belt lengths the same.
- Colored LEDs to indicate heat and cooling.
- Materials: ABS or PLA.
Find photos, source and print files, BOM, and more information here.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- New UP! software v1.17 to be released in two days
- New Matrix 300+ 3D printer is 3 times faster
- Formlabs announces Form 1 "prosumer" 3D printer
- JP Morgen: New 3D printer from Formlabs could be a threat to low-end & high-end of the market
- Is Makerbot going closed source?
- 3D printer helping company to bring its products to market quicker
- Hack and refill a Stratasys Dimension 3D printer
- 3D printer startup Formlabs.com countdown
- Eventorbot 3D printer is now on Kickstarter
- EZ 3D printer from Taiwan
- ExOne released a faster 3D metal printer
- A list of DIY high resolution DLP 3D printers
- Pre-assembled all-Metal HYREL 3D printer
- Ultra-Bot 3D Printer on Kickstarter
- Pandabot 3D printer soon on Kickstarter
- Solidscape launches fully automated 3ZSTUDIO 3D printer for custom retail jewelers
- Giant 3D laser printer to reshape local manufacturing industry