3D Systems Corp. has acquired Tim The Innovative Modelmakers BV, an Eindhoven-based Netherlands provider of on-demand custom parts services.
The company plans to integrate the operations of TIM into its on-demand parts service as part of 3D Systems Benelux, and offer its rapid prototyping, model making and manufacturing solutions to design-to-manufacturing professionals and consumers.
Terms were not disclosed. Tim is a model maker who specializes in producing prototypes and developing manufacturing solutions for both engineers and product designers. TIM creates prototypes in both metal and plastic and focuses on consumer electronics, domestic appliances, mobile phones and computer accessories. Tim offers complete in-house rapid prototyping and rapid tooling solutions including 3D printers and milling machines.
3D Systems in Europe sees growing demand for rapid prototyping, models and manufacturing solutions for on-demand parts. This acquisition strengthens the company's position in the European market.
"We are very pleased to add a company of TIM's reputation, craftsmanship, flexibility and speed to our growing on-demand custom parts services network in Europe," said Ziad Abou, Director On-Demand Parts Europe, 3D Systems. "With TIM's expertise on board, we can serve our European growing customer base better, faster and with an expanded menu of services."
Source: 3D Systems
Posted in 3D Printing Companies
Maybe you also like:
- Stratasys and US Department of Energy form joint initiative for energy efficient production
- Short lead time puts Makerbot in a more competitive position
- A visit to Ultimaker - this is an awesome box
- 3D Systems acquires Bespoke Innovations
- envisionTEC announces the release of their new website
- Objet appointed Altech Shanghai as Distributor in East China Region
- Stratasys and Objet agree to merge - Combined company valued at about $1.4 billion
- Objet holding acquisition talks with a large electronics company
- Mcor Technologies celebrates St. Patrick's Day and ready to enter US Market
- Objet announced new distributor in Brazil
- Z-Corp sponsors mountain bike design competition for student designers
- PP3DP Launched Upgrade kit for old UP! 3d printers
- MakerBot launched 3 fun projects for 3D printers
- Formlabs: 3D printer startup raised $500K initial funding
- Tiertime Brings Its newest 3D Printer Inspire S250 to EuroMold 2011
- 3D Systems Launchs New RapMan 3.2 3D Printer Kit
- Objet Geometries bids for NASDAQ IPO