According to a new market research report, the Additive manufacturing is a potentially growing market in every manufacturing sector with a global market of $1,843.2 million in 2012 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.5% to reach $3,471.9 million by 2017.
This report focuses on the global additive manufacturing market for medical devices. Additive manufacturing is used in making end-products such as surgical equipments, prosthetics & implants, and scaffolds. Surgical equipments account for the largest share in this market due to their wide applicability.
Europe dominates the additive manufacturing for medical devices market in 2012, followed by North America. However, adoption of novel additive manufacturing technologies in the medical field is gaining momentum at a fast pace in emerging nations due to growing educational and awareness efforts of industry players among physicians and patients. Moreover, increasing healthcare expenditure, growing income levels, low cost of manufacturing, rapid product development, growing surgical procedures in lieu with medical tourism, and lesser competition than mature countries, have amplified interest of market players in emerging markets.
The key players in this market are 3D Systems Corporation (U.S.), 3T RPD (U.K.), Arcam AB (Sweden), Biomedical Modeling, Inc. (U.S.), Envisiontec GmbH (Germany), EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems (Germany), Fcubic AB (Sweden), GPI Prototype and Manufacturing Services, Inc. (U.S.), Greatbatch, Inc. (U.S.), Layerwise NV (Belgium), Limacorporate SPA (Italy), Materialise NV (Belgium), Medical Modeling, Inc. (U.S.), and others.
This 371 pages report, "Global Additive Manufacturing Market (2012 - 2017), By Application (Medical Devices, Automotives, & Aerospace) and Technology (3D Printing, Laser Sintering, Stereolithography, Fused Deposition Modeling, Electron Beam Melting, & Tissue Engineering)", published by MarketsandMarkets. Early buyers will receive 10% customization on reports.
Source: PR Newswire
Posted in 3D Printing Technology
Maybe you also like:
- Future of Medicine: 3D-printing new organs
- Researchers to develop 3D printer to enable printing of 3D silicon micro- and nanostructures
- 3D printing leads the design world into a new age
- Create personalized medicine using a 3D molecule printer
- 3D printer extruding icing for decorating cakes
- Unfold uses ceramic 3D printing to create unusual works
- More experiments on 3D printed circuitry
- Results of 3D printing communities survey
- A story behind the design and creation of UltiController
- DARPA crowd-sourcing new technologies through makers
- Sky News reports 3D printing could re-shape the world
- 3D Printing with Clear Acrylic
- Scientists create robot which can 3D-print its own tools
- US government has high expectation from 3D Printing
- 3D printing robot produces "satellite lamp" from recycled CD cases