Airships were the most fascinating aircrafts, ever crossed the skies and forever will be (well, maybe one day Imperial Star Destroyers will be a bit cooler, but till then airships absolutely rule). So, why not build your own?
Here is a nice project: silent_runner, a small high performance model airship. The silent_runner consists of several parts and materials, including RC electronics and an Arduino. Check out here the quick guide for how to get the silent_runner airship running with many 3D-printable parts. The full detail 3D model are available at Thingiverse. Remember the 3D printed parts should be sliced and printed with care as they are optimized for low weight and thus have a filigree structure.
(Images credit: silent-runner)
Thanks to modern materials and electronics, RC-airships can be incredible fast and agile while consuming very low energy and they are really fun to fly. All parts are cheap and easy to assemble. Build your airship today and stop wasting battery power to low efficiency planes and quadrocopters, but start over with endless endurance and amazing grace.
Watch below a video showing some nice testflights of the first silent_runner.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Systems launches Cubify lego-like 3D-printed robots
- Get a 3D printed model of your fetus
- Software developed at Harvard turns video game characters into 3D printable models
- 3D model of Diplodocus skull revealed eating habit of the giant dinosaur
- Beautiful 3D printed Boolean Buddhas
- Mahoro robot performs dangerous lab work with more accuracy and in half the time
- Gabor Forgacs, scientific founder of Organovo recognized for pioneering work in bioprinting
- 3D Printed Minecraft Figurines available in full colour sandstone
- 3D Systems CEO discusses demand in Europe and company's growth strategies (video)
- First 3D Printed AR-15 gun has a successful test-firing
- University Of Dayton Research Institute wins $3M funding to develop new materials for aircraft parts
- Fully assembled Afinia H-Series 3D printer launched
- Minecraft, 3D printing and post-scarcity economy
- Manufacture on the go: a digital fabrication briefcase with 3D printer and CNC mill
- MakerBot Mixtape: create a customized classic mixtape on a 3D printer
- NASA looking to 3D printing space-station parts on ISS
- Build a briefcase 3D printer that you can take everywhere
noname wrote at 11/13/2012 11:58:39 AM: