Kaadee404 purchased and built a 3D printer Kit but making gears, robots or toys didn't seem to interest her. She wanted to make fashion accessories with a high quality feel. A friend sent her information of 3D printing in nylon and since then she has been printing all kinds of accessories such as purses, clutch's, belts, wallets, rings, bracelets, compact cases, earrings and necklaces.
On Instructables she showed how she designed a Lip Gloss shell, a compact replacement case, a simple ring, a bracelet, a simple credit card DL and money pocket using free 3D CAD program, a 3D printer, Nylon material, soldering iron, knife and other simple tools.
(Images credit: Kaadee404)
The designs are all pretty basic and the idea is that you are free to modify the design or change the color of printing. Kaadee404 wanted to show that you can create all types of designs by adding your imagination. "I am now designing purses with slots and pockets. I want to find a way of printing one color on top of other colors like printing blue initials on a white purse. Or printing different color patterns on a solid color purse or clutch." said she.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Creative use of 3D printing: A sandstone block built from lego
- World's first 3D printing photo booth to open in Japan
- NASA using 3D printing to build the next generation of rockets
- Using 3D printing to re-imagine classic Eames chair
- US army researchers use Printrbot 3D printer for rapid prototypes
- How to 3D print a Google Earth building using DIY 3D printer
- Build your own 3D-printable silent_runner airship
- 3D printed gold-plated Arc of the Covenant
- Multithread: 3D printed furniture illustrating the forces at work
- voxeljet builds Aston Martin models for James Bond film Skyfall
- Creating a new nose using 3D colour printing
- 3D printing a lightning adapter for Elevation iPhone dock
- FigurePrints recreates your favorite Minecraft world with 3D printing
- Endless 3D printed Mobius bacon
- 3D printed Stirling engine
- 3D printed Loophole lamp
- Iconic:am The waterproof mountable iPhone case with customizable, 3D-printed mounts