The video below shows a very creative use of 3D printing: Greg Petchkovsky mixes digital sculpture with real objects using 3D Photoscan software and 3D printing. The use of 3D modeling and printing to bring Lego blocks into a sandstone is an impressive demonstration of digital fabrication.
This project is made for the "Make it real" challenge on Instructables.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Theo Jansen's 3D printed Strandbeests, here are the Lego and bamboo version
- Making jewelry out of waste materials with a 3D printer
- The 2nd Gen of the multi-material Imagine 3D printer
- Escher For Real: 3D printing real-life version of Escher's drawings
- Will Amazon embrace 3D printing?
- Drone delivers 3D-printed portraits at Burning Man
- Free Sketchfab service allows you to upload and showcase 3D models online
- 3D printing identified in Gartner's 2012 Hype Cycle for emerging technology
- White House announced new manufacturing hub in Ohio to promote 3D printing
- Charge Bikes & EADS 3D printing titanium bicycle parts
- Amazing "Lady Mechanika" 3d print
- 3D printed Symphony Shells iPhone amplifiers
- Thiel Foundation announces new grant for 3D printed meat
- Disney's physical face cloning method can create a robotic clone of a real person
- Measuring 3D objects using only a camera and video projector