Jos Scheepers of MaukCC launched his new CartesioLD 3D printer, which has a larger build volume than the previous Cartesio M(edium) V0.5. It has a build volume of 200x400x200mm (LxDxH) and comes standard with a 3D print extruder and a large heated build platform.
Cartesio is a feature rich professional CNC router. It supports a wide range of tools ig. 3D-print extruder and engraver.
Thanks to the proportional design, one can easily make Cartesio bigger or smaller by only changing 3 components. All other components are standard. With the optional tool changer, its possible to print multiple colors, or materials.
- whisper printing (ultra quiet)
- very rigid build platform which does not move in X,Y direction.
- high precision GTM (gantry tool movement)
- automatic print head cleaning
- printable upgrades
- optional engraving tool with software speed control
- CDC (cable drag chains) cable protection
- Feed rates: X/Y axis 12.000 mm/min Z axis 800 mm/min
- Print speed: Fillament 1.7mm Nozzle 0.5mm : 100mm/sec. Fillament 3mm Nozzle 0.5mm : 75mm/sec. Fillament 3mm Nozzle 0.35mm : 50mm/sec.
- Resolution: X and Y : 14,75micrometer Z : 1micrometer. Because we are working with plastics that are heated (expanding) and then cooled (crimping) the working resolution is 0.1 mm
- LxWxH: 710x420x420mm
- Weight: 17Kg
- Firmware: Marlin for Cartesio (open source)
- Slicing: Slic3r (open source)
- Host: pronterface (open source)
Watch the video below the CartesioLD printing a vase/lampshade at 150mm/sec.
The CartesioLD 3D printer is available for pre-order now and its price is EUR2,238.50 / USD2,846 / GBP1,792 (Ex Tax: 1,850.00€). The Lead time is around 3-4 weeks.
As an addition to the new CartesioLD, Jos presented CartesioLDMP(Mass Production) which is capable to print multiple identical parts at the same time in different colors or different materials.
The CartesioLDMP has 4 extruders and because of the large build volume of the CartesioLD, one can print 4 parts as big as 100x200x200mm at the same time.
The video below showing CartesioLDMP printing the Motor Brackets at 100mm/sec.
The Cartesio LDMP will be available in early 2013, as well as dual and quad extruder option.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Hyrel expected to release low-cost full color 3D printer in 2013
- Another 3D food printer cart
- Rostock MAX Delta 3D printer
- Printing a horse head model on an Inspire 3D printer
- Introducing stylish L5 and L5plus 3D printers
- VXC800: World's first 3D continuous printer
- Axon 3 available on RapMan 3.2 & 3DTouch
- EnvisionTEC launches Perfactory Micro 3D printer
- PandaBot Cancelled Kickstarter Project
- Kiosk 2.0: Mobile 3D printing workstation
- Custom-built 3D printer to transform waste plastic into composting toilets
- 3D Printer CB-printer launched at the 3D Print show in London
- Would you eat food made by a 3D printer?
- A preview image of Rostock mini 3D printer
- Last chance to back Pandabot and Form 1 3D printer!
- FabClay: exploring important parameters of robotic 3D printing
- Craig Venter's Vision of 3D DNA printers
- LulzBot AO-100 3D printer certified by Free Software Foundation
- XEOS 3D printer concept
- Dutch department store sells 3D printers
- PandaBot 3D printer is Live on Kickstarter
- The LulzBot TK-0 3D Printer under development