Brooklyn, N.Y. based Solidoodle just announced the Solidoodle 3 – 3D printer. This latest product in the Solidoodle lineup of 3D printers has a very large build areas: the printable dimensions is 8" x 8" x 8" (512 in³) — more than twice the volume of the Solidoodle 2 (216 in³). Now users can print large objects with up to .1 mm in layer resolution.
The Solidoodle 3 is same as as other Solidoodle 3D printers which is fully assembled with everything you need to get started.
- 8" x 8" x 8" (203 x 203 x 203 mm) build envelope
- Uses 1.75mm plastic filament (ABS recommended)
- 13.5" x 14" x 14" (343 x 356 x 356 mm) case footprint (L x W x H)
- Durable metal frame
- Heated Build Platform
- Interior lighting
- Open design (no outer cover/door)
- RepRap Sanguinololu v1.3a Electronics
- Nichrome powered extruder
- 0.35mm nozzle
- Weight: 20 lbs
- Price: $799 (€627 / £503)
The new printer is available for pre-order and will begin shipping in January 2013.
According to the company, the Solidoodle 2 will be continued as a product.
The current line is:
- Solidoodle 2 Basic: $499 (6" x 6" x 6" / 152 x 152 x 152 mm)
- Solidoodle 2 Pro: $598
- Solidoodle 2 Expert: $698
- Solidoodle 3: $799
Solidoodle was founded in late 2011 by aeronautical engineer and 3D printer industry-veteran Sam Cervantes. According to Solidoodle, within its initial year of operations, the company has grown to over 60 employees and has delivered over 1,200 printers. With the announcement of its latest model, Solidoodle expects to see a record-breaking 2013.
Thanks Francesco C. & Ron S. for the tip!
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- LulzBot 3D printer will go to Mars
- Glen Southern: Getting models prepared for Makerbot Replicator 2 3D printer
- Solidscape launches 3Z LAB 3D wax printer for dental labs
- New CartesioLD V0.6 3D printer
- Hyrel expected to release low-cost full color 3D printer in 2013
- Another 3D food printer cart
- Rostock MAX Delta 3D printer
- Printing a horse head model on an Inspire 3D printer
- Introducing stylish L5 and L5plus 3D printers
- VXC800: World's first 3D continuous printer
- Axon 3 available on RapMan 3.2 & 3DTouch
- EnvisionTEC launches Perfactory Micro 3D printer
- PandaBot Cancelled Kickstarter Project
Hosseini wrote at 11/25/2012 2:48:17 PM:
Dear Sir I contact from Iran, Pishro Sanat Machine Afzar Co. which is an export and import trading company. We search for high quality 3D printer FDM, with competitive price and base of our plan we need more quantity for each year because we have good market in Iran and as we will start wide marketing for them we can sell high quantity. So if you have related item please check bellow questions and inform me your answer to we can consider them: 1. How many model you have for 3D printer? 2. How much is your price? 3. Technical specification. 4. Photo of your 3D printer. 5. You contact information. 6. Have you any video which show the process of your 3D printer? 7. Except PLA and ABS did you printer need other material for printing? If yes how much is its price? 8. Which parts of printer need to be change regularly and how much is there price? And when must change (after one months use, 2 months, …)? 9. In normal situation how much is the useful age one sets of 3D printer? 10. How long it takes time to one 3D part will be made? (for example 20*20*10mm) 11. Your system use one nozzle or two nozzles? 12. How much is the diameter of each nozzle? 13. What’s the advantage and disadvantage of your different model of 3D printer compare each other and each model is suitable for which activities? 14. What’s your condition for solo agency? We wish receive your information as soon as possible and can find this choice to have cooperation with you.