Sahara Force India Formula One Team announces the signing of a technical partnership with 3D Systems Corporation, a leading supplier of 3D content-to-print solutions.
The multi-year deal strengthens the relationship between the two organisations allowing Sahara Force India to fully exploit its existing 3D Systems machinery and reduce the manufacturing time of wind tunnel model components.
"We've been working with 3D systems as a customer for many years, so we are delighted to forge stronger links with a company that is the market-leader for rapid prototyping technology. We use their technology on a daily basis to manufacture wind tunnel model components and this new relationship will hopefully allow us to get performance to the car faster." said Dr Vijay Mallya, Team Principal and Managing Director of Sahara Force India.
"The opportunity to partner with emerging innovators like Sahara Force India provides tangible customer benefits that extend well beyond motorsports." said Kevin McAlea, Senior Vice President and General Manager of 3D Production Printers, 3D Systems.
Force India finished seventh overall in the world championship in 2012.
(Images credit: Sahara Force India)
Posted in 3D Printing Company
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Systems to acquire Geomagic
- HP should consider two waves to turn itself around: personal robot and 3D printing
- How things are going at Formlabs
- Stratasys and Objet Complete Merger - total market valuation reach to $3.0 Billion
- Impressive 3D printed work from Objet at EuroMold 2012
- GE Aviation invests in 3D printing with acquisition
- 3D Systems Files Patent Infringement Suit Against Formlabs and Kickstarter