For those of you who are interested in creating your own 3D printed jewelry Mikee Rice created a video tutorial on how to designing a ring for 3D printing with Blender. Blender is a free and open-source 3D computer graphics software used for creating animated films, visual effects, interactive 3D applications or video games. Download Blender here and follow the tutorial to create your own ring.
Mikee Rice writes:
Spreading gemstones on surface is the most frequent task in jewelry design. In this tutorial you will know what is the pave setting and how to spread diamonds on surface according to this specific type of setting. And as usual I will show you how to create ready for 3D printing jewelry ring with number of diamonds from scratch using only Blender.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- GitHub releasing Make Me tools & an API for easy 3D printing
- Organovo partners with Autodesk to develop 3D bioprinting software
- Bend, Not Break: Life story of Ping Fu, Geomagic CEO
- Meet Slic3r developer Alessandro Ranellucci (video)
- 3D print a chair, piece by piece
- Get real-time analysis of your 3D model: Willit 3D Print
- Innovative Doodle3D empowers anyone to create personal 3D prints
- New 3D Repo Android app for viewing, annotating 3D models