Makerbot releases today MakerWare 1.1 and MakerBot Firmware 7.0.
What's New In MakerBot Firmware 7.0?
MakerBot Firmware 7.0 includes improved acceleration, better quality on high-detail prints, and a quieter machine. It uses a new file format, X3G, for printing from an SD card.
What's New In MakerWare 1.1?
- Major print quality improvements in MakerBot Slicer (formerly known as "Miracle Grue") make it faster and more accurate in slicing and printing detailed models on the Low and Medium settings.
- Slicing profiles for Skeinforge and MakerBot Slicer are now fully editable.
- Automatically arrange a cluttered build plate using the Auto Layout option.
Check the complete list here.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- Get real-time analysis of your 3D model: Willit 3D Print
- DIY a Ultimaker control unit with an old tablet
- 3D print basic lab supplies at 1/243rd the cost
- Make your own 3D-printed quadcopter
- Rapcraft team introducing new PrusAL 3D printer
- Using 3D scanning and 3D printing to restore a historic steam locomotive
- Meet Metalbot: new all-metal RepRap compatible 3D printer