If you have an HTC Windows Phone 8X, you can buy your own case now! Kevin "Gibbage" Miller designed and 3D printed several 3D printed case for HTC 8X Windows Phone and they are for sale now.
The core goal of my 3D printed case is to a) protect key areas on the phone's delicate shell and soft clear coating, b) provide a better user experience in operation of the phone, and c) while not hiding the amazing design under a full shell case.
These HTC 8X cases are both stylish and functional and are printed using "White Strong Flexible" and "Alumide" on Shapeways, due to the soft coating on the phone absorbing dye from the colored plastic.
Gibbage's cases are a work in progress, he will test and add more materials such as acrylic (clear and black). And meanwhile he is also working on designing cases for Nokia Lumia 920. On his Shapeways shop, the HTC 8X 3D printed case cost from EUR18~22. You can find more detailed information on each case here.
Posted in 3D Printing Applications
Maybe you also like:
- Introducing Kikai Labs 3D printer from Argentina
- 3D Systems introducing New Cube & CubeX 3D printers
- New MendelMax 2.0 3D printer announced
- Revolution and Revolution XL 3D printers
- Formatec's DLP 3D ceramic printer
- MakiBox shipping beta boxes; new store is ready
- Lulzbot released next generation AO-101 3D printer
- Dutch startup LeapFrog sold 1000th 3D Printer
- Open source and low cost RoBo 3D Printer
- 3D Kit F printer made in Spain