Printrbot launches a new iPhone App "Makrz", a community of "Makers" sharing open source files for 3D printing, laser cutting and machining (CNC).
With Makrz's simple interface you can easily browse all available rendered 3D models and 2D drawings. When you find the type of model you look for you can download and save it to your Dropbox account.
- All Sketchup files are automatically rendered in the same high quality format
- Gesture based navigation. Swipe right or left to scroll through featured files
- Landscape or horizontal viewing modes
- Download Queue and Download history keep you informed of your activity
- View frequently updated Featured models
- New and noteworthy items based on recent uploads
- Popular items based on actual downloads
Printrbot is working on adding more features to the app, such as community tools for crowd-sourced tagging, photos of completed projects and vetting; user uploads and sharing images and/or files via Dropbox, Twitter, etc.
The MAKRZ is available for download on iTune.
Printrbot is a DIY personal fabrication company founded by Brook Drumm. He created PrintrBot, a simple DIY 3D printer designed to have a minimal number of parts that anyone, even kids can assemble them. In late 2011, Drumm's first Printrbot Kickstarter project raised $830,827 of its $25,000 goal.
If you're interested in the backstory behind Printrbot and Brook, or want to know how Brook sees his company and the Printrbot line evolving, listen to the podcast below, Michael Wolf of NextMarket did a nice 35 minutes conversation with Brook Drumm covering topics such as:
- How Brook discovered 3D printing
- The story behind his effort to create a simpler, easier-to-assemble 3D printer
- The Kickstarter campaign and the reality of scaling up to deliver on a massive number of orders
- His plans to scale up Printrbot's operations and manufacturing processes even further
- The next generation Printbots
- Why Printrbot's hot end is a big part of their company's success
- When and how the big players will enter the 3D market
- 3D printing in the education market
- How 3D printing could be the foundation for the "shop class" of the future
Posted in 3D Printing Apps
Maybe you also like:
- Alphacam offers online 3D printing service
- Gravity of Light: an interactive 3D printed LED pixel hat
- Create your own 3D printed Emily the Strange with MAQET
- Buildabot 3D printer test print
- 3D printed nylon polymer lamp generates power through rotation
- EFF needs help in finding documents to stop dangerous 3D printer patents
- Torus: The first iPhone video game to offer 3D printed achievements
- Bring Second Life jewellery into real world with 3D printing
- Can 3D printers make plastic weapons? (+ CNN video)
- POWERWASP: your personal fab from Italy
diecast wrote at 1/25/2013 9:51:43 PM:
Not Marrz, Makrz.