Colorado's first 3D printing store was opened in December 2012, at 4603 Monaco St. in Denver. Founded by Debra Wilcox and young entrepreneur David Perleberg, the 3D Printing Store allows consumers to walk in and experience 3D printing and print out their own design.
Consumers can purchase premade 3D printed items or redesign these items using 3D modeling software. They can customize them by adding their name or logo and then 3D print it out.
The 3D Printing Store has two Makerbot Replicator 2 3D printers, and one Mojo 3D printer from Stratasys. Wilcox and Perleberg have already signed two contracts with inventors to transform their visions to a CAD drawing and print out 3D prototypes.
(Images: 3D Printing Store)
In addition the store will host workshops for kids and adults to learn 3D printing. And the founders plan to add a 3D photo booth to the store that customers can get 3D scanned and print out replicas of themselves on a 3D printer.
On Thursday, February 7th the 3D Printing Store will host an open house that features Lulzbot 3D printers. LulzBot staff will be there to show off the printers and answer questions. Find more information here.
Posted in 3D Printing Services
Maybe you also like:
- China's first 3D Printing Experience Pavilion opened in Beijing
- Leaders of the 3D printing revolution - Shapeways (video)
- 3D scanning and 3D printing let the blind "see" their unborn child
- Inside Materialise's Headquarters
- First Dutch 3D printing shop just opened in Haarlem (video)
- The Early Life of Draft Print 3D
- UC Irvine's RapidTech offers low-cost 3D printing service for businesses
- FabGate: 3D printing service marketplace
- Alphacam offers online 3D printing service
- Bring Second Life jewellery into real world with 3D printing
- French 3D printing start-up Sculpteo raises $2.5M funds
- Inside the world largest 3D printing factory (video)
firstname.lastname@example.org wrote at 11/13/2014 8:50:20 PM:
Hi , we are a pair of students at STEM Launch interested on 3D printing we have to interview some one studying in the industry of 3d printing . Please contact me at this email .
Fermin Resurreccion wrote at 4/8/2013 7:58:01 PM:
Do you have a contact number? I have several question to ask