Jan.31, 2013

In 2012, Marcus Thymark of Germany introduced his mini DIY shredder that can be used to recycle all your failed prints or any other plastic scrap. A year later, Marcus has improved his system and also started a new open source project: FilaMaker. FilaMaker is a personal filament producing machine that grinds old plastic and make new filament for your 3D printer. You can produce standard 1.75 mm or 3 mm filament by changing only one nozzle.

The FilaMaker is still in development. Marcus is currently making some test with extruders. FilaMaker uses high pressure system which can work with low temperature to prevent degradation of plastic. The high pressure system can be used for plastic molding when you need more pieces in a short time.

FilaMaker uses powerful hand driven mini grinder from Tool steel that can grind all types of plastic products. If necessary it can deal with aluminum cans or electronic products like circuit boards. Special designed high pressure extruder allows easy replacement of different types of plastics without mixing them together. In practice, this means that after processing ABS plastic, you can begin to process PP or PE without any intervention to extruder.

Plastic extrusion is nothing new, last year Filabot launched their personal filament maker on Kickstarter. Filabot can work with plastics such as HDPE, LDPE, ABS and Nylon. But Marcus' FilaMaker uses a different system and it can even work with crushed bottles and shopping bags. This system is being developed for future expansion to a Plastic Moulding Machine. Marcus has also plan to produce Plastic micro pellets or plastic powder using Rayleigh Disturbances.

Marcus Thymark was graduated as CNC programmer. His first job after school was engineer of industrial air conditioning systems for a huge US company. After the global financial crisis and redundancies of employees he moved to a Germany where he set up his machine shop. Now he builds balconies, railings and staircases and in free time FilaMaker.

Time to save up your plastic junk and failed prints for recycling! FilaMaker will be in the market soon. Stay tuned.

Marcus has begun selling his mini shredders. He has two models: one is FilaMaker mini shredder (250 €) and another is Canada (265 €), both are made of tool steel. This month he added new stainless steel version, the price is 250 €. "There is minimum one on every continent now." says Marcus proudly.

Model: Canada

(Standard or stainless steel model with protective casing for gear wheels.)

The shredder is open-source and so will be the whole FilaMaker system. The 3D model is free for downloading here. The PDF files with some ideas how to add chain sprocket or hand crank are available here.

Follow Marcus and support his project on Facebook.

本站所有文章版权归3ders.org所有,未经许可不得翻译或转载。

Posted in 3D Printer Accessory

Maybe you also like:

nicolas wrote at 9/8/2014 1:51:28 PM:

Hi I too am very interested in purchasing the main head with the crusher knives please contact me at nicolas@nnicohellas.com

Jesper Holmgaard wrote at 9/1/2014 1:58:19 PM:

please make contact on jh@polartech.dk...we are very interested in purchasing your unit in stainless steel. is is possble to come and try it out somewhere ? BR Jesper

alvin wrote at 8/11/2014 11:52:56 AM:

The link for PDF files of chain sprocket or hand crank is missing.

Jeff Travis wrote at 7/9/2014 2:18:41 AM:

I too am very interested in purchasing the main head with the crusher knives. I want to ot only granulate plastics but shred smaller rubber items that end up in the land fill. i.e. garden hoses, vacuum lines etc... Please contact me at "atc@c-zone.net" and let me know how I can purchase. Thanks and great job Jeff

Adenilson Rodrigues da Silva wrote at 4/14/2014 10:03:41 PM:

Hello, I viewed one video of you on youtube and found it very interesting because I have a project to do one of these as a work of completion for my course in mechanical technician, finally, this very difficult escontra knives to use in crusher, the rest I'll adapt, problem is even knives, good to know if you would like to sell knives separately, or if you could send me her drawings for me to try fazelas on the cutter, I thank you, thank you, pliz help me. Thank Adenilson Rodrigues da Silva. email adenilson.rodrigues.silva@gmail.com

mike wrote at 4/14/2014 8:14:00 AM:

This article doesnt say how or where to purchase this product. I want one.

john Taniratna wrote at 4/7/2014 9:03:36 AM:

it look seem can crush all small platic bottle,i will install on tha wheel

Nelson wrote at 4/3/2014 4:50:39 AM:

Hello Am looking to sell scrap printing machines and parts, am located in nigeria and email address is helenbrooks0@gmail.comand my phone number is +2348055120838 Regards Nelson

Wale Okeowo wrote at 3/6/2014 4:51:33 PM:

There is an urgent need for this machine in Nigeria as used water bottle becomes nuisance to the environment. May be I can make good money on this. I need your contact to purchase the existing model to start on a small scale. email: me4u49@gmail.com Thanks

zvi roth wrote at 12/26/2013 11:56:50 AM:

i am involved in developing equipment for griding plastic bottles and cans is the mini grinder is sutiable for quick and easy manually.

Barry Heid wrote at 11/18/2013 5:55:57 PM:

Does this work on very small strips of aluminum? We have a process that generates scrap pieces that are 15" long and about 1/8" wide (except there are somewhat triangular shaped pieces about 1" on each end the aluminum is only .040" thick. My email address is barry@manhasset-specialty.com Thanks,

JOHN tANIRATNA wrote at 6/19/2013 7:59:28 AM:

It look very good for use in small area and good if I can built one to crush all small plastic bottle or where I can buy one in Thailand. MY EMAIL john_taniratna@yahoo.com

jerry wrote at 2/23/2013 1:32:35 AM: