Last year 3D printing leaders in China formed an Industry Alliance in Beijing, aiming to promote and support the 3D printing industry in China. The members include the United Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Tsinghua University and other authoritative research institutions.
At its third Council meeting in Chengdu (in south-west China), 3DP Industry Alliance unveiled plans to establish a 3D printing technology industry innovation center in Chengdu. This innovation center will be funded by 3DP Industry Alliance and local Shuangliu County government. The total investment is 500 million RMB ($80 million USD). In addition, ShuangLiu government will provide 100 ~ 200 million RMB ($16 ~ 32 million USD) fund for supporting local research projects.
Shuangliu county is located approximately 19 kilometers away from downtown Chengdu. The county covers 1068 square kilometers and has a population of approximately 920,000. It is also home of Chengdu Shuangliu International Airport, the fifth busiest airport in China. This innovation center will support the ever- growing research works in 3D printing technology and to serve local electronics and automobile manufacturing industry.
Posted in 3D printing Company
Maybe you also like:
- Ideas to Prototypes to Production (video)
- Affordable 3D printer startup Pirate3DP raises USD482K from Red Dot Ventures
- Organovo partners with OHSU to develop accurate 3D cancer models
- 3D printing market in Japan: 7.7 billion yen by 2015
- Are 3D printing stocks overvalued? 3D Systems, Stratasys plunge
- 3D printing company ExOne announces terms for its $75 million IPO
- China may become a major 3D printing market for Stratasys
- Stratasys and Materialise 3D printed dress hit Paris Fashion Week at Iris van Herpen show
- Stratasys appoints Medicodi and PD Dental as channel partners for dental market in Korea