Right before Vanlentine's day, Autodesk's 123D releases 123D Creature, a tool that you can create fantastic 3D monsters like a pro.
123D Creature is designed specially for beginners. It gives everyone the power to design his own creature. You can add joints and create limbs; reposition, pose, and scale them; then sculpt detailed features and paint on skin, fur, feathers, or whatever you like. These files can be shared with the community, or exported as a 3D mesh for 3D printers.
Now you can be a monster Maker building your own 3D creatures on your iPad. You can even order 3D prints of your creations: 123D Creature features a built-in service for ordering 3D prints through Sculpteo, a 3D printing service company. Your creations can be printed in full color out of a sandstone-like material. To 3D print one of your creations simply select "Order a 3D Print of This" from the menu.
123D Creature is available on iTunes for the price of $1.99.
Below is another video you can see a character created in 123D Creature being printed on a Replicator 2.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- Geomagic Releases Freeform 2013, CEO Ping Fu on BBC: 3D printing is 'as big as the internet'
- CARTIS to Showcase Benefits of Digital Design and Additive Fabrication in Maxillofacial Surgery
- New apps transform your Facebook profile into 3D printable art
- CNC Simulator to introduce 3D printer simulator
- PuzzleCut lets you cut object into smaller pieces for 3d printing
- 3D Systems launches Cubify development tools: AppCreate and Cubify API
- Cubify Capture Beta turns your images into 3D models
- Leonar3Do Virtual Reality Kit brings 3D modeling into the mainstream
- Makerbot releases MakerWare 1.1 and Firmware 7.0
Dwayne wrote at 2/13/2013 10:59:29 PM:
This looks awesome!! Go Autodesk!