Massive Dynamics Inc. (OTCBB: MSSD) a Nevada corporation listed on the OTCQB, has signed a letter of intent to acquire PrintForge 3D Ltd., a Hong-Kong based developer of 3D printers and related accessories. The acquisition of PrintForge 3D Ltd. will help Massive to secure its position in the rapidly expanding additive manufacturing industry.
Massive Dynamics launched in Feb.2013 a new division for acquiromg existing companies in the rapidly expanding 3D printing market. PrintForge 3D Ltd. Will acquire, develop, and refine 3D Printers, scanners and related software with the objective of becoming a One Stop Shop for the additive manufacturing industry.
Industry insiders are calling additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, the "Third Industrial Revolution." Manufacturing is quickly moving from the current mass produced "one for all" model into an era of personalization, where consumers will personalize the color and features of items they wish to purchase and instead of clicking "buy" and waiting for delivery, they'll simply click "print" and watch their purchase materialize in no time at all.
"There can be no doubt about the explosive growth ahead for the additive manufacturing industry," said Oscar Hines, President. "The applications for 3D printing are virtually unlimited; in time 3D printing will usher in a paradigm shift in the way consumers interact with the manufacturing economy."
"We look forward to working with PrintForge over the next several months to launch their line of 3D printers and accessories into the US market; while completing the mutual due diligence required for execution of the definitive acquisition agreement," concluded Hines.
Posted in 3D Printing Companies
Maybe you also like:
- 3D Systems acquired Geomagic for $55 million in cash
- Massive Dynamics launches 3D printing division; seeking acquisition candidates
- 3D Systems called a 'bubble stock' by influential Citron Research
- New 3D printing template marketplace caught selling stolen jewelry, marketplace offline
- Form 1 3D Printer entered into full production, on schedule to deliver end of April
- 3D printer company ExOne increases range, price $16 to $18 for $90 million IPO
- China to invest $80M in 3D printing innovation center
- Ideas to Prototypes to Production (video)
- Affordable 3D printer startup Pirate3DP raises USD482K from Red Dot Ventures
- Organovo partners with OHSU to develop accurate 3D cancer models
Scott. wrote at 3/6/2013 9:31:33 PM:
Who's PrintForge? They don't have a web presence I can find but Massive Dynamics looks pretty sparse. I don't think this is real...