In 2012-2013, MakerBot Thingiverse launched Customizer App, its first API that lets users customize 3D designs right inside their browser. It is a simple and easy to use app that allows anyone to become a designer to create amazing 3D designs and print them in 3D.
To be able to bring in some developers that can create cool new apps, MakerBot is holding a Hack-A-Thon April 6 and 7th at its Brooklyn, N.Y., headquarters. Developers interested are invited to the two-day event. Developers will work in small teams to program interesting uses of the Thingiverse API.
Those interested in participating must register in advance at thingiverse.eventbrite.com by April 3rd.
The MakerBot Thingiverse Hack-A-Thon will run:
- 10 a.m. ~ 10 p.m., Saturday, April 6th
- 11 a.m. ~ 7 p.m., Sunday, April 7th
Participants will receive
- tours of MakerBot's new office space at One MetroTech Center in Brooklyn;
- have access to MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printers;
- Presentations from several of MakerBot staff, including the Thingiverse team;
- Energy drinks (normal food provided, too).
Entries will be judged at the end of the day on Sunday, April 7th, by
- Justin Day, CTO
- Tony Buser, Web Warrior
- Joey Neal, Thingiverse Evangelist
- Bre Pettis, CEO
Apps will be judged on creativity and best user experience. Cool prizes will be awarded.
Posted in 3D Printing Events
Maybe you also like:
- NAMII awarded 7 projects $4.5 million funding
- Ride 3D printed snowboard in the steep and deep of Colorado
- 5 ways a 3D printer will save your life
- 3D-printable GlaDOS robotic arm ceiling lamp
- A 3D-printed AR jigsaw puzzle
- Robot Factory develops new high resolution 3DLPrinter
- IBM recognises the importance of 3D printing
- Customize and 3D print your iPhone and iPad stand
- Super cool 3D printed speakers lit with LED (video)
- 3D printing brings a new dimension to business gifts
- Companies plan to build next-generation 3D metal printer
- Lantos' 3D Ear Scanning System Receives FDA Clearance
- EFF partnered with Ask Patents to fight for Open 3D printing
- Finding the strongest shapes with 3D printing
- Affordable Moedls Mobile 3D scanner goes live on Kickstarter
- Making custom ankle braces for effective protection with 3D printing