3D printers came top of the list for their "life-changing potential". "Food printing is already taking place and clothes, drugs and mobile phones are expected to be printable in the next ten years." According to T3.
Samsung is listed in the second place for "leading the way for smartphones, with the Samsung Galaxy S4 coming in at number two and the T3 experts predicting it to be the top selling Android device for 2013."
The Sony PlayStation 4 comes in at number three and with a raft of gaming products featured in the Hot 100, 2013 is shaping up to be a big year for gaming. This year has already seen the launch of the "hot as hell" Wii U at number 17, and the Nvidia Project Shield at number 10 is causing a serious buzz in the portable gaming community.
This year's list also sees a number of Kickstarter projects getting recognition, most notably with the Pebble digital watch at number eight. Smart watches are one to look out for in 2013 with the Apple iWatch rumoured to be released later in the year.
Apple – the brand which has previously topped the list on three separate occasions – fails to make the top 10 for the first time since 2009. Its highest-ranking product is the Apple iPad mini at 15th place.
Kickstarter – the world's largest funding platform for creative ideas – also has the Ouya and Gamestick featured in the Hot 100, signalling that a new generation of tech creators is emerging.
Luke Peters, editor of T3, says: "The T3 Hot 100 represents the products and digital services we're most excited about right now. Rather than a list of what's best, it's a countdown of kit that has the power to set the next big tech trends, demonstrated aptly by 3D printers, smartwatches and wearable tech. 2013 is going to be an exciting year."
The Top 10 are:
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Fully expandable RigidBot 3D Printer reaches funding goal in one day
- Synthesizing DNA 10,000 times cheaper with a DNA laser printer
- Robot Factory develops new high resolution 3DLPrinter
- Companies plan to build next-generation 3D metal printer
- A colorful EZ3D 3D printer launched on Kickstarter
- MakerBot and Adafruit launched a limited edition Replicator 2
- Small and micro Stereolithography 3D printers from Japan
- Stratasys launches Objet30 OrthoDesk 3D Printer for smaller labs and clinics
- 3D printing experience at Alfa Romeo stand in Geneva Motor Show 2013
- Gigabot: A large format 3D printer on Kickstarter
- Building a low-cost light-cured resin 3D printer
- SpiderBot Delta 3D printer launched
- sLAMP, open source mini SLA 3D printer now on indiegogo