Mar.31, 2013

Despite some hard times during the recession, the 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping Services industry has largely recovered and has leaped ahead in recent years, driven by rapid technological developments, falling costs and new applications for 3D printing technology, according to IBISWorld industry analyst Nima Samadi.

Over the five years to 2013, revenue is expected to grow at an annualized rate of 10.3% to total $799.5 million. Industry revenue decreased 11.0% in 2009 due to recession-related declines in demand, but it bounced back in 2010, as downstream markets recovered. It has continued to grow in the years since, lead by companies such as 3D Systems Corporation and Stratasys Inc.

The 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping Services industry' s fate is tied to the manufacturing sector. Most companies use 3D printing to create prototypes, since most 3D printing is limited to certain materials. "Developing a prototype is an essential part of product development, and manufacturers are often weighed down by the time and costs involved in the traditional prototype manufacturing process," says Samadi. "Because of this nature, manufacturing activity is major driver of industry revenue during good economic times."

There have been a number of start-ups founded over the past few years that use 3D printing to manufacture compelling and customized consumer products, sustaining demand for industry services. For example, online startups like Shapeways and Ponoko have developed a cost-effective way to create 3D printed products for consumers. The consumer market is still in its infancy, but has a tremendous amount of growth potential.

Industry products have been increasingly used in the medical field; they are used to create customized medical devices and that that more accurately replicate the human form. These products include hearing aids, orthopedics, dental implants and future applications, such as 3D-printed organs and blood vessels.

Aerospace manufacturers comprise another market that has the potential for strong future growth for 3D printer manufacturers. The aircraft industry's continual desire to reduce the weight of their aircraft to maximize fuel-efficiency will drive future demand for 3D-printed products.

Because of strong demand from an expanding number of markets, industry demand and revenue are forecast to surge forward over the next five years.

Posted in 3D Printing Technology

Maybe you also like:

Melvin wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:35 AM:

I'm afraid that number's ex-directory http://www.turingfilm.com/how-much-does-clomid-cost-in-the-uk.pdf careful success rates 200 mg clomid successes leather “I took a look at it and there was blood coming out of my glove. So I went to the sideline to have a trainer take a look at it and told him that I thought I broke my nail or something,” Johnson said.

Ella wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:35 AM:

I need to charge up my phone http://www.princetoninafrica.org/cheap-non-prescription-accutane.pdf travels order cheap accutane online reside At Humana, in partnership with Discovery Holdings Ltd., we recently launched HumanaVitality – a wellness and loyalty environment that features a wide range of well-being tools and rewards that are customized to the individual member’s needs and desires. And in September, in partnership with the World Economic Forum and World Health Organization, Humana helped organize the world’s first “Wellness Week” to inspire people to take a more active role in their health. Situated at Columbus Circle near Central Park in the heart of New York City, the Humana Wellness Week tent featured a bike-sharing program, individual health screenings, and a “smart bike” prototype that takes biometric measurements and offers health recommendations to riders in real time.

Mariano wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:34 AM:

Yes, I play the guitar http://www.princetoninafrica.org/buy-generic-propranolol-online.pdf yell buy inderal canada licence Even as consensus built within the Fed about the likely needto begin pulling back on economic stimulus measures soon, manyofficials wanted more reassurance the employment recovery was onsolid ground before a policy retreat, the minutesshowed.

Brice wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:34 AM:

Very Good Site http://www.princetoninafrica.org/can-i-buy-allopurinol-online.pdf neville buy allopurinol 100mg lit earliest Harris won a record five Tony Awards for best actress in a play during a theater career that spanned nearly 60 years and included such diverse roles as Sally Bowles in “I Am a Camera” and Emily Dickinson in “The Belle of Amherst.”

Norman wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:33 AM:

I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name http://www.princetoninafrica.org/buy-griseofulvin-online-uk.pdf potter break where can i buy griseofulvin for dogs procurator immense "I didn't have anything that said 'I have money.' I wasn't wearing a diamond stud. I didn't have a pocketbook. I didn't wear Louboutin shoes. I didn't have anything," said Winfrey on the red carpet. "You should be able to go in a store looking like whatever you look like and say, 'I'd like to see this.' That didn't happen."

Francesco wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:33 AM:

I read a lot http://www.princetoninafrica.org/buy-zithromax-500mg.pdf installation typewriter buy zithromax no prescription lining chew "We're in the moment of unknown right now. We see bumps (intrading) often, but they're usually brief and rarely this broadbased," said Frank Davis, director of sales and trading at LEKSecurities in New York. "We're trying to figure out when thingswill get cleaned up."

Morton wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:32 AM:

I'm in my first year at university http://www.turingfilm.com/how-much-does-clomid-cost-in-the-uk.pdf mask badger will my gp prescribe clomid uk leap midday “He doesn’t believe that was his son’s child,” Widdis said Monday. “The court may get to the point where it orders a test, and my client would comply with a court order. But that is his position.”

Lincoln wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:32 AM:

I'd like to pay this cheque in, please http://www.princetoninafrica.org/desvenlafaxine-for-the-treatment-of-major-depressive-disorder.pdf troublesome buy pristiq online parked flatter Meanwhile, the prices being paid for industrial companieshave dropped. The average deal value to EBITDA multiple - thestandard industry comparison - so far this year stands at 10.1globally, compared to 12.8 in 2007.

Rusty wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:31 AM:

I like watching football http://www.princetoninafrica.org/buy-griseofulvin-online-uk.pdf outrage ghosts buy cheap griseofulvin quest On the other hand, women who quit smoking early in pregnancy and nonsmokers gave birth to babies of similar birth weights, on average. Babies of women who kept smoking were more likely to be born at a low weight.

Mario wrote at 5/28/2015 7:30:31 AM:

I live here http://www.princetoninafrica.org/buy-generic-accutane-40-mg.pdf workshop can you buy accutane in canada continual The suspects have yet to be identified, despite extensive enquiries, so the police have released the CCTV footage, in the hopes that the men can be identified. They are described as Asian, and aged in their late teens to early 20s. They are possibly Bengali.