April 2, 2013
Jonas and Simon at Kühling & Kühling has been working on a RaspberryPi based touch screen RepRap controller that enables users to control the 3D printer via a tablet PC.
The RasPi based touchscreen controller will be part of their soon-to-be-launched Kühling&Kühling RepRap Industrial 3D printer.
In the video below Simon demonstrated some basic control via a tablet and smartphone. It could be a very nice feature to be added to the new Kühling RepRap. Another interesting feature is tool-free belt tensioning system that they showed in February. The price of a Kühling & Kühling RepRap has not been announced yet, but hopefully it will not be too expensive.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Play-Doh: Your kid's first 3D printer
- Hot 100 Most Wanted Gadgets for 2013, 3D printers top the list
- Fully expandable RigidBot 3D Printer reaches funding goal in one day
- Synthesizing DNA 10,000 times cheaper with a DNA laser printer
- Robot Factory develops new high resolution 3DLPrinter
- Companies plan to build next-generation 3D metal printer
- A colorful EZ3D 3D printer launched on Kickstarter
- MakerBot and Adafruit launched a limited edition Replicator 2
- Small and micro Stereolithography 3D printers from Japan
- Stratasys launches Objet30 OrthoDesk 3D Printer for smaller labs and clinics
- 3D printing experience at Alfa Romeo stand in Geneva Motor Show 2013
- Gigabot: A large format 3D printer on Kickstarter