April 11, 2013
Metamáquina is the first company in Brazil dedicated to make low cost 3D printers. Metamáquina was started as the first technology project funded through crowdfunding platform in Brazil.
Metamáquina has just released it latest model Metamáquina 2. Metamáquina 2 is the second model of Metamáquina printers with a print volume twice as big as the previous model. Metamáquina 2 was developed during the second half of 2012 and in January 2013 the company finished the final tests and started production.
The Metamáquina 2 features several improvements in quality, functionality and speed, such as a robust laser-cut structure, more accurate printing quality, and especially a higher print volume, more than twice of the previous model, allowing for the creation parts up to 15cm tall.
The company will publish all the project files after the first Metamáquina 2 3D printer is shipped out.
The company is offering a promotional price of BRL 3,700 for a limited time, that is around €1,431 / $1,876 / £1,219 per unit. The delivery of the first batch is scheduled to be in April 2013.
Model: Metamáquina 2
Technology: FFF (Fused Filament Fabrication)
File formats: supports STL (ASCII or binary) and OBJ
Dimensions: 450mm (L) x 450mm (D) x 370mm (H)
Print Volume: 200mm (L) x 200mm (D) x 150mm (H)
Printing Material: ABS and PLA
Print speed: 80mm / s
Nozzle diameter: 0.35 mm
Positioning accuracy: 0.1 mm (X, Y): 0.05 mm (Z)
Layer thickness: 0.3 mm to 0.15 mm
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Showing Off some high quality parts made with 3DLPrinter
- Another successful Kickstarter round for the B9Creator
- RappiDelta Large format delta 3d printer
- 3Drag 3D printer kit
- mUVe 1: an open-source UV resin based 3D printer
- Airwolf releases affordable large-scale 3D printer
- Low-cost open source Cyrus 3D printer on Kickstarter
- First Dreambox 3D printer installed at UC Berkeley
- RasPi based touchscreen controller for RepRap 3D printer (video)
- Play-Doh: Your kid's first 3D printer
- Hot 100 Most Wanted Gadgets for 2013, 3D printers top the list
- Fully expandable RigidBot 3D Printer reaches funding goal in one day
- Synthesizing DNA 10,000 times cheaper with a DNA laser printer
- Robot Factory develops new high resolution 3DLPrinter
- Companies plan to build next-generation 3D metal printer