April 30, 2013
3DLT, a 3D printing template marketplace announced yesterday that it has partnered with makexyz to enable its customers to 3D print the designs they purchase from 3DLT, directly through makexyz's network of over 500 3D printers.
makexyz helps people make stuff by connecting people who need something 3D printed with makers and print shops neighborhood. You browse printers in your zip code, and after you have found one, you upload your file, choose your color, material, zip code, and checkout. They print it for you and then either ship it to you, or hold it until you can pick it up. It's an easy way to get quality 3D prints fast.
For consumers, makexyz makes it cheap and fast to make awesome stuff. And with the makexyz API, businesses can produce and deliver a product to a customer on the other side of the world in less than one day.
"Our partnership with makexyz allows even those consumers who don't have a 3D printer in their home or office, to benefit from the power of 3D printing," says 3DLT CEO, Pablo Arellano.
3DLT provides content - the blueprints for 3D printable products. Consumers can visit 3DLT.com and browse through multiple categories of 3D printable designs. Once purchased, they can download and print these files on their own 3D printer.
"In partnership, we make same-day production possible for hundreds of products," says Nathan Tone, co-founder at makexyz. "A designer uploads a product to 3DLT on Monday, and can deliver it to a customer on the other side of the world on Tuesday. It's a great fit."
Posted in 3D Printing Services
Maybe you also like:
- Staples opens first 3D Experience Centre in Netherlands
- Additer: a new marketplace for digital manufacturing services
- Shapeways Raises $30M C Round, Led By Andreessen Horowitz
- Rapid Manufactory: First 3D printing shop in Middle East
- Chicago's first 3D printing store to open next Monday
- 3D Hubs is building a large production network of 3D printers
- 3D Systems Launches 3DMe figurines on Cubify
- Miproto turns your idea into a 3D printed model
- Sony launched 3D photo booth at ACE 2013
- RobotShop announces 3D printing service for robotic parts
- Customize your own parts through a single model on Parametric Parts
- Become your own 3D printed jewel with the 3D Kissing Booth
- Luxury at reach with Shapeways' addition of Premium Silver
- 3D printing company to offer next-day service
CornGolem wrote at 4/30/2013 3:19:07 PM:
3DLT is private and makexyz is inexistent outside the USA both partner, funny