3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) launched today the first 3D printing-based Star Trek app to create customized 3D printed products and collectibles based on the iconic Star Trek series through Cubify.com. Under license from CBS Consumer Products, Star Trek 3DMe lets users create a full-color, personalized 3D printed figurine of themselves in a Star Trek uniform from the original series by simply uploading two photographs of their face.
Users can personalize their figurines with a variety of options such as authentic Star Trek ranks from ensign through captain, uniform colors, and poses including the famous "live long and prosper" Vulcan gesture complete with Vulcan ears.
Once you finish your design and upload two photos, front and side, someone at 3D Systems will convert your image into a 3D model and print it out using the Projet 660pro 3D printer. The whole process takes around three hours.
Star Trek 3DMe figurines retail for $69.99 each.
"We're delighted to offer Star Trek fans the chance to join the crew of the Enterprise by replicating themselves in 3D as a crew member," said Sarah W. Stocker, Senior Director of Cubify for 3D Systems.
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- Exploring digital fabrication at DesignX @ ICFF 2013 New York
- Hot Pop Factory launches one-of-a-kind 3D printed wooden jewelry
- Printrbot launches $299 Printrbot Simple 3D printer
- 3D printed bionic ear can hear radio frequencies
- 3D printing service to be integrated in game Space Qube
- 3D Systems Buys RPDG
- Solidscape Announces Winners of 2013 BASELWORLD Design Competition
- ExOne Opens Materials R&D Laboratory in Ohio
- ICTP scientists publish free book: Low-Cost 3D Printing
- Conrad store now sells 3D printer for less than 700 Euro
- 3D Systems revenue jumps 31 percent as it sold 81 percent more printers
- Super-sized giant is now 3D printed Nendoroid giant bust
- 3DLT partners with makexyz for 3D printing services
- Ascent: revealing the evolution of analog man to digital man using 3D printing
- Propul~Surf: 3D printed screw-propelled snowboard that pushes you around