Pirate3D reveals a comparison chart of the Buccaneer 3D printer to the MakerBot Replicator 2.
Designed with stamped steel parts, the Buccaneer 3D printer can produce 3d prints at speeds of up to 50mm/s. We don't know how good its extruder is, and the prints it showed are reasonable. But the Buccaneer is designed to be simple to install and easy to use. With its low price, Pirate3D believes this is a product for the mass market.
Pirate3D has applied to Kickstarter to launch a campaign, so in a couple of weeks you'll be able to back this project.
Posted in 3D Printers
Maybe you also like:
- Introducing Tumaker Voladora Desktop 3D printer
- PP3DP releases UP Plus 2 3D printer
- Quentin Harley released SCARA based "RepRap Morgan" 3D printer and its design
- Aleph Objects introducing new Lulzbot TAZ 3D printer
- W.Afate: a 3D printer made from recycled e-waste wants to go to Mars
- Pirate3D's Buccaneer 3D printer is priced at US$347
- PrismX open source 3D printer launched on Kickstarter
- Staples starts selling Cube 3D printers for $1299.99
- Printrbot launches $299 Printrbot Simple 3D printer
- Conrad store now sells 3D printer for less than 700 Euro
- Pirate 3D Buccaneer 3D printer giveaway
- Kühling&Kühling 3D printer kit available for pre-order
- botObjects introducing full-color desktop 3D printer ProDesk3D
shaun lamont wrote at 10/15/2015 11:04:48 PM:
Pirate 3D....another Singapore Kickstarter scam
Yai wrote at 11/2/2013 10:33:45 AM:
Pirate3d just revealed that they will implement nothing of their stretch goals and other tech specs, like printing with ABS, heated printbed, auto-calibration and auto-feeding in the final machine! Really bad!
yourworldyourhome.com wrote at 5/29/2013 9:24:56 PM:
But look at the price. If this is for real then it could be the mass market printer needed to change the world. From a 3d printer in every home in the developed world to a 3d printer in every village in lesser developed countries. I'm going to buy one of these for a Cambodian village and see how it works out.
Raize04 wrote at 5/24/2013 8:27:41 AM:
You lose print space with this buccaneer crap, also on the makerbot 2x they have a heated printbed.....try again buccaneer...lol
jd90 wrote at 5/17/2013 1:20:51 PM:
The group releasing a bunch of numbers doesn't tell us the device is for real.