3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) launched today Cubify Draw, a free mobile 3D printing app that allows anyone with an iPhone, iPad or iPad Mini device to create 3D printable content with their fingertips.
"Cubify Draw takes digital doodling to printable reality" said Sarah Stocker, Senior Director of Cubify for 3D Systems, "This boundary breaking app is our latest gamified installment in our commitment to democratize content-to-print entertainment on Cubify."
Users can digitally doodle with their finger or trace an imported picture and then enhance it with features like adjustable line thickness and height, auto-fill and auto-connect. Users can upload their drawing directly to Cubify or have the STL file emailed to them for printing.
Cubify Draw deconstructs the barrier to entry for creating quality 3D printable content through a delightful paper-like user interface and easy upload process to Cubify.com for sharing and printing, making the digital-to-real experience seamless.
Cubify Draw is available for download in the iOS App Store today. The app is ideal for creating 3D content such as "cookie cutters, pendants, ornaments, bracelets and simple toys."
Posted in 3D Software
Maybe you also like:
- Tinkercad reopens, Autodesk agrees to acquire Tinkercad
- Shape-It-Up lets designers manipulate 3D shapes using hand gestures
- 3D Systems can turn you into a Star Trek figure for $70
- Mecube: easy-to-learn 3D design app for iPhone and iPad
- Blender 2.67 RC1 and DVD Training Blender for 3D Printing Released
- Printcraft latest version released, teaming up with Makerbot
- Try glasses online using 3D Modeling and an iPad
- Mcor Technologies introduces ColourIT software
- Autodesk: The future of 3D printing at home
- 3D modeling startup Handprint moving into the Feld Fiberhouse
- Doodle3D sketching tool for 3D printing launched on Kickstarter
- Cubize: a YouTube-like virtual showroom of 3D models